ID:292202
 
RPG Starter by Falacy
An Open Source Demo/Game with everything you'll need to get started on your very own BYOND Game!
73 fans · Created Feb 16 2008
ok so anyway i was looking around byond for a decent Turn based RPG style battle system... and the only one that actually was what i was looking for didnt work so now im asking you if you could possibly make either a tutorial (dont say you dont know how because CC2 proves otherwise), make a version of RPG maker specifically with turn based and a nice ATB system..., or give me a working map file for CC2 so i can use the CC 2 source that I have and change as much as I can and release it since you gave up on it a long time ago.... (btw i still have the zelda, CC1, DD, Outbreak, and DBZ HE sources if you want to go through them and try to redo them)..
    Attack()
set hidden=1 //this verb is macroed in the macro part of the Interface.dmf file
if(usr.Attacking) return
usr.Attacking=1
spawn(4) if(usr) usr.Attacking=0
flick("Attack[usr.icon_state]",usr) //this can be used to make the character look like their attacking
for(var/mob/Monster/M in get_step(usr,usr.dir)) //finds any monsters directly in front of the user
var/damage = src.Str-M.Def //a simple damage calculation
damage=max(0,damage+rand(-1,1)) //make sure damage isnt negative and varry it a little
M.HP-=damage //subtract the damage from HP
M.DamageShow(damage,200,0,0) //flashes the damage on the screen
M.DeathCheck(usr) //check if you killed the monster
Turn based RPGs are the most complex genre you can make. The CC2 source is horribly written, along with all those other ones you listed.
In response to Falacy (#2)
trust me. i know about the coding on all those sources.... experienced it first hand... anyway that doesnt mean that a good game cant come from crap code... ive seen it happen on numerous occasions... still i would like to try with the CC2 so if you would please send me the map file or the whole source together (as i said before my map file is corrupted and I suck at doing the character creation menu for some reason...)
In response to Ss4gogeta0 (#3)
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
anyway that doesnt mean that a good game cant come from crap code... ive seen it happen on numerous occasions...

Doubt it. Considering there aren't even any good games on BYOND, and especially not any that are rips.
In response to Falacy (#4)
Falacy wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
anyway that doesnt mean that a good game cant come from crap code... ive seen it happen on numerous occasions...

Doubt it. Considering there aren't even any good games on BYOND, and especially not any that are rips.

hey you are forgetting the Silent hill game I'm working on... i am putting alot of blood sweat and tears into your outbreak source... I have a new map, more weapons, actual silent hill enemies, and actual voice dialog... now if I can just figure out this damn radio static system (where the radio in your inventory starts staticing at diferent levels of intensity depending on how close or far you are from the monsters then it will be an original game... btw i have done a bunch of my own item icons for this too...
In response to Ss4gogeta0 (#5)
HOLY- (Oh yeah Falacy doesnt want me to cuss -.-) Tellmeh when its done its one of my favorite movies $.$
In response to Mner2 (#6)
I have a demo available its actually kinda old... (november 2010) but ive done alot more to it so expect to see a newer demo soon.... BTW this is actually based on the game (so is the movie) so you might wanna go and check it out

Old Demo
http://www.divshare.com/download/13042409-3e9
In response to Ss4gogeta0 (#7)
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
I have a demo available its actually kinda old... (november 2010) but ive done alot more to it so expect to see a newer demo soon.... BTW this is actually based on the game (so is the movie) so you might wanna go and check it out

Old Demo
http://www.divshare.com/download/13042409-3e9
ok here is the newer Demo
http://www.divshare.com/download/14058555-821