I announce Blood Legend, the future of what was Fighters of Legend. Completely revamped to fit into my original design and redrawn for a smaller color pallet and general ease of development, it's somewhat the same game it used to be but also much different. In this post I hope to summarize the changes of the game, and explain what I had retained and how I hope for it to play.
For a graphical summary of what the game contains for players (at least initially), I figured I'd share a shot of my beta character creation screen. I will also provide explanations of the classes and races below.
*Note: Yes there will eventually be clothes displayed when you choose your class, nudity will be rare*
What remains of FoL?
- The chi spheres system will be replaced by class-based energy names, which will limit the amount of actions a player can do just as the chi spheres did. The cooldowns will vary based on the player's stats, the requirement of the action in question, and the general weight of the player's equipment.
- The stats are generally the same as well, except body being replaced by protection and the form of energy being named appropriately for the class. (I'll get more into the stats in a later post)
- As far as combat goes, it'll play out the same as it was in FoL: There will be auto-attacks for sustained combat, but there will also exist a variety of class-based skills to use to balance each one. Some of the techniques that were designed have been carried over and slightly redesigned.
Story wise the game has changed from an unknown evil deep in space with a huge array of henchmen, to an all-powerful shade possessed by the Book of the Damned (the secrets of the underworld) who is followed by a mindless cult. Generally they will respect life the same, and have the same types and amount of support behind them. Instead of taking place on various planets, the story will take place initially in the continent of Elesmasia and some smaller surrounding areas.
- In all it's practically the same game, but by looks and names it has changed enough to be entirely different. Nobody of course will ever recognize the differences, since the game was never played in the first place :p
In this game there will be five playable mortal races. Humans, Dwarfs, Elves, Uurcs and Sayns.
- Humans are generic and don't need much explanation. They mostly reside in castle cities along bodies of water and within flourishing areas.
- Dwarfs: In the lore of this game, Dwarfs are said to be the oldest race of the land and date back to the titans and the creation of Elesmasia by the three kings of Avalon. They prefer to live within the earth, in dwellings similar to J.R.R Tolken's hobbits.
- Elves: Lore has it that elves are the original magicians of Elesmasia. While the elves to the north are friendly with the other mortal races, the elves to the south stray away from interaction. Players are northern elves from the forest of Manawood, and the forest city built around the Mana Spring in the center.
- Uurca: Elves who were corrupted by dark magics once upon a time were exiled from their brethren. Since then they build their society in a hierarchy of power. The strongest uurc leads as king, and all obey. They choose to live in dark and damp cavern cities, away from the light and other races. Their design is generally a mix of nameks from dragonball z, and elves.
- Sapyn: I basically took the Saiyan race and mixed them with native americans and Spartans for lifestyle. They live in tribes and choose to flourish in areas where wildlife populates. The chief and leaders are determined through strength and brutality. The only real similarities I kept from the Saiyan race is the hair styles and monkey-like tails. (No there is no such thing as super sayn, lol)
Crusader: Warriors of justice and righteousness, they are sworn guardians of the light.
Gladiator: Masters of hand-to-hand combat, they are usually unmatched in strength and tactic. Their very survival is proof of this.
Ranger: Masters of archery and the wild, conditioned by their time spent hunting and the need to survive in the wilderness.
Shadowmage: Magicians who rely on the channeling and manipulation of spirits to power their dark magics. They have some powers over the dead and demons of the world, and may enlist in them on certain occasions.
Sorceror: Extremely powerful magicians who control the elements in an almost artistic sense. Instead of relying on empowering forces, the magic is born in the sorceror's blood, allowing for the mightiest of spells.
Spirit Warrior: Mortals who are at one with their spirit and the spirits around them, they can perform tasks that are otherwise impossible for mortals. This awareness also gives them a power over the spirits of beasts, and may sometimes draw upon them for strengths.
Vampyr: Once noble warriors in life, their undeath has provided them with an amazing psychic awareness and a thirst for blood. Although the majority of Vampyrs serve Beliazar: The king of the underworld, you are only bound to your thirst of power.
And I believe that's all I have to share for now, no clue when this will be playable but I work on it daily. If you have any further questions you may ask them here, but if you fear it getting too crowded my forums on this page are also a good place.
Note: All character-related graphics are uniquely my creation, they are inspired by the generic RPG look. Turfs on the other hand will not be all my work, but any that aren't will be edits of freely provided art and will be properly credited.