Back in 2008, I started development of an RPG game, which at the time, had raised a few eyebrows and scored the attention of quite a few people. Unfortunately, that game fell through the cracks and I eventually had to lay it to rest. Much to several peoples annoyance.
But fortunately for me, I was unable to put the pen down. Every once in a while a new idea would pop into my head and I'd think: "Wow, wait a minute, that'd be pretty cool!" This happened to me a lot. And has been happening to me a lot recently.
Although I do have intentions of one day returning to that RPG. Right now isn't the best time. I haven't done any serious DM development in over a year. I doubt I have the knowledge
So lets get down to what this is, why I spent $20.00 on it, wasted yet another potential BYOND key and what I hope to achieve on this blog instead of my own (which gets much more exposure than this ever will).
Down to business:
A lot of the systems I've written up for the game I'm planning on making can pretty easily be turned into libraries or demos. I'm aiming to open up discussion with members of the community to see if we can, together, create a decent solutions which can then be released to the community and aid other struggling developers who might be thinking of writing similar systems.
I was initially planning on skipping an introductory post and jumping straight into content. But due to strong storms (Mt. Gambier - Warrnambool, I'm in the middle), my own health and work in an hour, I'll have to postpone the first post until Friday.