Test your knowledge of coding in DM
- Choose from categories
- Get next question, code snippet, screenshot, etc, and some multiple choice or true/false questions.
- Pick the answer
If you are right:
You get points added to your score.
If you are wrong:
You get an explanation why.
The game would refer to a forum where questions are submitted and/or answers are disputed. This would allow the dream maker community to come up with interesting content.
Some desired features
- remembers what you've answered so when you play again you can choose only unseen content or stuff previously answered wrong.
- posts username and score on web (if you don't like it, play again)
- a limited time for full points, like those trivia questions in bars
- Via DM: could be done with just skins. No need for map.
- Via web forms: dunno how to do something like this, but there are examples all over the place.
- Could be a way for developers to check themselves for holes in learning.
- Just because you score high doesn't mean you are expert coder.
- I wonder if the scoring might be ammo for flame wars between developers. That would not be good.
Has anyone tried this before?