Welcome to Ultimatum, a free fantasy-themed turn-based strategy game inspired from the game Battle for Wesnoth
. The game is currently in being hosted 24/7 on a dedicated SliceHost server. Enjoy!
Special thanks to Karnlor for creating the hub graphics.
An alternative skin
for players running 1024x768 and find the Chat and Game Info box is too small has been made. The skin is still not compatible for any lower resolutions.
ACWraith has also created an alternate skin for those who use even lower resolutions (get a bigger screen already!) which can be downloaded here
- 5 diverse factions
- More than 60 playable units
- 29 playable maps
- Up to 8 player combat
- Development Blog
- Ultimatum Forums
(as of version 0.8.7)
- In certain situations that at this point haven't been able to be consistently reproduced, the recruit menu will not close
- In rare circumstances, units recruited may disappear and re-appear in other games
- In an unknown circumstance, players may end up getting a double turn. Please report ASAP if this problem occurs
- In certain unknown circumstances, the game may lock out and not allow the current player to do anything except end his or her turn. Please report ASAP as this occurs during gameplay.
- March 3rd, 2010
- Situations with blank forms when trying to join or observe a game have been fixed
- Observers would be duplicated when rejoining a game
- Interface slightly modified to free up the unused command panel space
- New map: Whirl (6 player long moderate, mixed terrain) - a "cramped" map for a (relatively) quick 6-player matches
- October 30th, 2009
- The Join Game interface would have issues when a host quits a game in the game lobby
- When the host logged out, players could not join or talk inside games
- New map: Icestorm (2 player fast moderate, snow terrain) - small moderate-paced map with mixed snow terrain surrounded by water
- September 5th, 2009
- Many internal changes and overhauls to the client and game handling system in anticipation of new systems and features. New bugs may temporarily pop up in this intermediate version
- Changed the Dream Seeker window icon to the Ultimatum hub logo
- Minor power tweeks to the Elvish and Orcish faction (added new skills to the Enchantress, powered up Trolls and Occultists)
- Improved the interface panel graphics (made possible with the addition of tiled labels). You must upgrade BYOND to the version 454 and up.
- Minor graphical updates (recruit icon, unit rings, etc)
- Graphical fixes: Trenches were layering on top of castles, shroud wasn't always covering units (a layering issue)
- Client Preferences will now save properly (which broke in the previous version), savefiles now have hash validation
- Ultimatum now uses DMIFontsPlus (more of an internal change) with small text tweeks to the unit status box
- Bug fixes regarding the auto rejoin functionality have been resolved (game would produce a runtime error when players logged out before the game started)