Since BYOND has updated some of the icon procs to be more network friendly I've been encountering an issue with significantly increased CPU usage with icon.Blend().
Behavior observed both while hosted in dream daemon with clients connected and in a dream seeker hosted environment.
I have made a simple demo using LummoxJR.DMIFONTSPLUS to show the error. If I downgrade my version to 482.1091 it doesn't cause any server delays. However when I update to the latest version (487.1096) CPU usage increases on the BLEND proc (according to the profiler) and causes the server to freeze each time it needs to draw the text. I also tested it on another windows 7 64-bit based PC and the results were the same.