i have yet to seen an original game with 'sucky' gameplay
If you are talking about BYOND no it doesn't, not neccesarily because we are trying to make new ways and change. You are wrong because of many reasons, sonny boy.
prove me wrong.


until you put out a playable version of the game, i'm the one who is unfortunately right about my prediction. so i'm waiting for you to do what you keep saying you'll do, and prove me wrong
To Redbutton: I was talking in general about everyone being pessimistic towards the game.

To Zaole: Where in my post did i say non rip game = good? All my post was about was the fact that whenever it is revealed that somebody is working on a game, the community immediately begins making accusations and negative comments towards the game and the developers, which in many cases on byond, discourages the developers, and leads to them dropping their projects.

I think its pretty damned obvious that in addition to the game being a non rip, it has to be fun to be successful. I didn't know that i had to actually say it though. Ill remember to mention it for you from now on.

How about giving them a chance (and maybe some ideas on what they could do to improve?) rather than posting a "ur gam sukz like rest" type reply. That would be alot more helpful.
oh hey look, Pmitch misrepresented my point by paraphrasing it in angry, immature engrish. that's such a witty and valid tactic
I didn't actually feel like getting all the links but:

New Ways And Change
The Anime Guild is doing an upcoming Meeting to discuss a lot of problems and I think they're cleaning up the guild of rips.

The Action guild already did a source clean-up mission, so yeah.

I can also name a couple of games that I've seen in over a month, original, and yes screenshots. Also, I'm not trying to actually prove you wrong at all, you could be right, history could repeat itself and these games could get abandoned. All I'm asking for is for you to stop thinking like that, try to give some advice on making games, try to help, and stop being such a downer all the time. You need to praise those who try
Zaole wrote:
oh hey look, Pmitch misrepresented my point by paraphrasing it in angry, immature engrish. that's such a witty and valid tactic

It was pretty accurate i think. Considering thats what it boiled down to in your first post.

You said it yourself: "we should stop going "HOORAY YOU'RE NOT RIPPING WHO CARES HOW BAD THE GAME SUCKS" and start focusing on praising those who actually create fun, quality games (although then we'd be mighty silent)."

So why not give him some ideas on what you think would make his game full of fun and quality, instead of instantly bashing his project because of other projects in the past?
Try to help= Give Ideas
Pmitch similar minds think alike, eh? That's the same thing I was trying to tell him.
if a random hobo walks up to you and asks you for 100 dollars, saying he'll use it to clean himself up and get a job, would you give him the money?

what's that? you would?

consider this: the past 30 hobos before him have walked up and asked you for 100 dollars, and you gave each of them 100 dollars. a couple days after giving each hobo those 100 dollars you saw them surrounded by 100 dollars of booze in an alley.

now would you give that latest hobo 100 dollars?
Zaole wrote:
if a random hobo walks up to you and asks you for 100 dollars, saying he'll use it to clean himself up and get a job, would you give him the money?

what's that? you would?

consider this: the past 30 hobos before him have walked up and asked you for 100 dollars, and you gave each of them 100 dollars. a couple days after giving each hobo those 100 dollars you saw them surrounded by 100 dollars of booze in an alley.

now would you give that latest hobo 100 dollars?

Maybe not. But i wouldn't bash them either.

That scenario aside, are you saying you've given suggestions to a lot of people making fan games?
yes, but never for naruto games, because i was already the jaded hobo-hater by the time naruto became popular

(and i also almost always got banned for politely providing suggestions to improve the fan games-- that didn't help)
Zaole wrote:
yes, but never for naruto games, because i was already the jaded hobo-hater by the time naruto became popular

(and i also almost always got banned for politely providing suggestions to improve the fan games-- that didn't help)

Ok, but how about for the nonrip fangames? Obviously not many of those have been released. So you wouldnt have been banned from those have you? Why dont you try and see this time. Or if your that adamant about not giving them any help, why give them the time of day to insult them?

I definitely agree with you on the matter of giving suggestions to rips, but acting like its the same with a game who's developers actually put work into building their game from the ground up to be successful, that i disagree with.

Unless of course you've been continuously banned from a bunch of non rip fan games for giving them suggestions. :)
i can't actually give any suggestions to this game, though, considering i can't play it, and the only gameplay information provided is vague, redundant, and really doesn't say much of anything about how the game will play out.

instead, it gives generic and irrelevant information about very specific features that are boasted about in the exact same way as any other game of its breed.
Zaole wrote:
i can't actually give any suggestions to this game, though, considering i can't play it, and the only gameplay information provided is vague, redundant, and really doesn't say much of anything about how the game will play out.

instead, it gives generic and irrelevant information about very specific features that are boasted about in the exact same way as any other game of its breed.

Bam, see, you shouldn't just said that from the start. What you said is not far from the truth. That is enough to give them an idea of what they should change/in their post if they want better suggestions on it.
Zane444 wrote:
rob can you name these 'people' that i ripped,notice how people is plural


Okay, You completely ripped off Hulio-G using the base from Bleach Online. Then, you took a release(Hitsugaya) and re-fitted it to the base, because I know the person who made that icon and it's been posted on the PAS before.

Anyway,

Asellia is a pretty good programmer, so good luck.

oh wow,one last time.after seeing my base was similar to hulios i contacted him and talked to him about it,he was cool with it and said 'it was up to me if i wanted to change it,isnt the definition of a 'rip'stealing work WITHOUT creators consent i had hulios permission to keep the base either way,but i decided to redo the base. i ask this question again,why would i need to rip if i can make it myself. ive never ripped before i dont plan on doing so,if you dont belive me ask hulio for yourself

even after i made an 'apology', post you still wont let things in the past die
Zane444 wrote:
thank you, pmitch,you know it really hurts being called a ripper after ive work countless hours on this game,seriously. and my hakke circle is way smaller than the one you showed in link,yes i did use refrence its from the anime shouldnt it look that way!?
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8493/comapre.png

rob can you name these 'people' that i ripped,notice how people is plural

also redbutton does this even remotely resemble cee pee's base: http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8345/compare2.png and if your talking about the single tiled one I MADE THAT FOR HIM

At one point, Zane and I were working on a Bleach game, didn't work out so we halted the project. The base to the right is the one YOU(RedButton) helped make hairs for...I didn't claim it to be mines.
Okay, here's the thing, I asked Zane to update this info on this blog post. Most of the Information is STILL the same, but the game had a Name Change (Due to OTN beign a poor name =/), and there is updated information on the many new things.

A few notes are, there wont be much PVE in first version (The roleplay should make up for that), and the Enhanced Interface will come later, as right now we need to test the actual game programming. So with the first few releases, there wont be the enhanced interface i'm afraid (Though it is all still very intuitive.)

http://www.byond.com/games/Asellia/NarutoNewDawn
i would like to pixel art for you i have worked with EG and other projects my email Cubanbling@hotmail.com i can help you change byond
Greetings. Just wanted to commend you for your work, it astounds me. Never in my life have I seen such quality artwork.

BYOND needs more talented artists such as yourself.

Keep on keeping on.
Page: 1 2 3 4