ID:120375
 
Hey everyone, its me Zan again. Just thought that I'd post some of my GFX that I've been making. Just looking for some feedback and some ideas on to how I can improve them. I'll admit, I'm still sorta a beginning so don't beat me up too hard over it but yeah, positive feedback and some tips for the future. Although, Leon has been critiquing my GFX and kinda stepping me through and such. Anyhow, here we are.

Trainer Blue Avatar

Mishima Bloodline banner

Spectra Phantom Avatar
(I'm going to redo this one, I was trying to make a vortex that didn't come out so great :P)

Rin Okumura Avatar
(I made this for a friend just because I was bored and wanted to be nice.)

Jin Kisaragi Avatar

BlazBlue Banner

Goddes Nayru Avatar
(I also made this for someone special to me.)

Spatial Realm Banner
(This was going to be the official Banner with all the admins name and characters that represents each one but seeing as Spatial died, I'd like to keep it as a memento.)

Also if it wouldn't be too much to ask, could you suggest which one is by far the "best"? I kinda want to see which direction I should be going with my future GFXs. So thank you for your time and see ya soon! :D

P.S. If anyone wants a GFX just leave a message below as well.
For starters, draw your own art instead of stealing it off of google.
You are just adding text to them. GFX = Graphical Effects.
Robertbanks2 wrote:
For starters, draw your own art instead of stealing it off of google.

Using a render is not stealing o_o. But this stuff is still awful.
Enzuigiri wrote:
Robertbanks2 wrote:
For starters, draw your own art instead of stealing it off of google.

Using a render is not stealing o_o. But this stuff is still awful.

Agreed.

If you don't have permission from the copyright holder for those characters/images, than in the eyes of the law, yes, you are stealing.
What is it with everyone jumping on this 'using renders/stocks is stealing and not GFX' bandwagon, just because that guy pointed it out a bit ago? People ALWAYS make signatures and avatars, and everyone knows what signatures and avatars are so just judge it as the art form they intended it to be, not as something you want it to be for the sake of argument.
GFXers are not graphical artist, they are different things. And I can assure you that someone who has put their work on google has put it their for recognition and it being used for gfx is recognition.

-It is not stealing, stealing is legally defined as taking something without the owners permission, with the intention of depriving them of it. You have to have the act "actus reus" and the thought process "mens rea", and the intention to deprive is not here. Therefore no criminal act has been committed.
I think we should be encouraging GFX on BYOND, I for one would prefer to see better eye candy in banners, games, css' etc.
Slayde wrote:
I think we should be encouraging GFX on BYOND, I for one would prefer to see better eye candy in banners, games, css' etc.

Indeed.
The only thing that I've pretty much did was the backgrounds, renders, filters, and effects on the characters like the drop shadows or strokes. The images of the characters were from the internet like so many other gfxs. sooo... *eats a leftover cookie*
Take 1 photoshop class.
Instant professional.
Zangetsu Joyner wrote:
The only thing that I've pretty much did was the backgrounds, renders, filters, and effects on the characters like the drop shadows or strokes. The images of the characters were from the internet like so many other gfxs. sooo... *eats a leftover cookie*

Still ugly
I can tell that all you are doing is using overlays mixed with shadows and small stroking. Not really ugly...

Just not profressional.
So apparently the fact that I'm a beginner doesn't mean anything? I never said I was "the best" or "professional". I'm still learning as I go.
For a beginner, you are pretty good.
Masterdarwin88 wrote:
For a beginner, you are pretty good.

Thank you. :D
No, for a beginner this is garbage. Terrible. Awful. I think you are starting to get the idea. I honestly don't understand why Byond insist that a gradient and a render with some text is good.
Enzuigiri wrote:
No, for a beginner this is garbage. Terrible. Awful. I think you are starting to get the idea. I honestly don't understand why Byond insist that a gradient and a render with some text is good.

Alright. You've made your poi- troll for the day. If you don't like it then please give me some tips I can use for the future yes?
Troll? No these are facts.
Page: 1 2