Enzuigiri wrote:
Troll? No these are facts.


Enzu isn't trolling. Just being incredibly rude.
I don't like the sudden GFX hype on BYOND. It's so pointless, because none of these "GFX" are going to amount to anything.

If you want to do something worthwhile, make stuff from scratch and create a portfolio first and then get client for making images for interfaces, huds, banners etc. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.
Yut Put wrote:
Take 1 photoshop class.
Instant professional.

oasis, it happens every year at the start of a new semester
Lol it was CSS and now it's GFX, but the GFX is generally of a lower standard then the CSS that were being shown off.
Masterdarwin88 wrote:
Enzuigiri wrote:
Troll? No these are facts.


Enzu isn't trolling. Just being incredibly rude.

This.

Oasiscircle wrote:
I don't like the sudden GFX hype on BYOND. It's so pointless, because none of these "GFX" are going to amount to anything.

If you want to do something worthwhile, make stuff from scratch and create a portfolio first and then get client for making images for interfaces, huds, banners etc. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.

It's fun? It's a hobby? I can say the same thing to you. Every time you start a game, unless you are going to finish it or at least release the source for learning purposes it's going to be a waste of time.

And I'm not necessarily picking on you, it applies to everything. Finish it all the way or its a waste of time. And time is something you can't afford to waste.
they actually do the backgrounds and stuff on their own Oasis, so theres some art to it but past that it really is unproductive
Can I at least know which one of these "horrible", as some say, GFX is the "best" one?

Again, I'm just doing this out of fun, trying to expand my horizon. I never said I was going to go pro with this. I'm merely just testing the waters with some stuff I've fiddled around with.
They all suck. But if I had to pick.
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/Liltroy614/ Mishimabannercopy.jpg

Is just a catastrophe. There is no best one.
I think they all pretty much suck, to be harshly honest. Look up some tutorials. You can get better. It looks like you are just using some simple gradients and/or filter effects and slap a render onto it.

I'd say the best one is the Goddess Nayru Avatar. That's still a long-shot though.
Albro1 wrote:
I think they all pretty much suck, to be harshly honest. Look up some tutorials. You can get better. It looks like you are just using some simple gradients and/or filter effects and slap a render onto it.

I'd say the best one is the Goddess Nayru Avatar. That's still a long-shot though.

Thank you for choosing which one. When I did that one, I was just playing with some of the tools and effects just to see. A dibble here, a dabble there. Just trying to see what does what.
Page: 1 2