Trick or Treaters Attack

by Neo Berserker
Trick or Treaters Attack
Little halloween game.
ID:1728323

Hey guys, I'm currently testing the webclient with this game, it's single player at the moment but it looks like it allows people to play regardless.

I can't tell if it lags for others as I'm the person hosting.

So far I noticed that it takes a while to load the sounds and that maptext gets pretty screwed.
All I know is that this is probably hosted on something very bad. Takes forever to load the game that I almost closed it.
Another thing, your movement system is buggy. Try this: http://www.byond.com/developer/Xirre/MultiKeyMovement. It also allows you to move against a wall, which is nice for pixel movement since it can be hard to get through a door at times. This would put an ease on the user. It's been tested for bugs and shouldn't cause any problems. To increase the speed, just increase the step_size of the player. To conserve RAM, make Move() accessible only by your player and not by npcs or anything of the sort. By default it's accessible by them all.
Yep that is true my internet is not very good that probably is the cause of some lag.

I feel like with some optimizing the game should run better when hosted, I really don't know how much of it is on the webclient though, mhm maybe adding a loading screen at the beginning could work.

Thnx for linking your lib I will def put it to use.
http://www.byond.com/games/Xirre/ShellServer - Go to the web client server and apply for a free server. You can utilize that. Page me when you put in an application and I'll log on to approve it as soon as I can. Just take note that your free server is only for games that are not rips and are not anime. Enjoy.

A) People no longer know your IP (Please, remove your IP from the public as soon as you can. It's in that BYOND link)

B) No lag. More than enough bandwidth for a BYOND game.

C) It's free 24/7.

D) You can start up, shutdown, update, and do all that mumbo jumbo whenever you please.
So I put the server down, I'll fix a few bugs and then I'll get in touch with ya Xirre.

I recommend people who want to play to go and download it from the hub, that version should be stable enough.
Approved. Feel free to log on and upload the host files. Right click your dmb file to start the game. Right click it in the servers tab to reboot, shutdown, or reset (reset shuts it down and starts it back up instantly, not a reboot).
Uh, what's wrong with the movement system now? Please describe what the bug was rather then just say it's broken.

There are reasons this game is not supposed to be hosted right now (multiplayer will get put together later). And yes, some optimization is needed, this was meant to be a mini-game put together in a few days.
In response to Megablaze
Megablaze wrote:
Uh, what's wrong with the movement system now? Please describe what the bug was rather then just say it's broken.

Move one way then move another way at the same time to move diagonally then let go of all buttons. You'll keep moving until you press again. You weren't resetting your variables. The library I provided does this in an efficient way. You can take from it what you want and try simplifying it even further if you want.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Megablaze wrote:

Move one way then move another way at the same time to move diagonally then let go of all buttons. You'll keep moving until you press again. You weren't resetting your variables. The library I provided does this in an efficient way. You can take from it what you want and try simplifying it even further if you want.

Um... that's not happening, can you check again? It shouldn't be possible, unless byond is ignoring release commands.