In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
:'(

You're actually in my list of good developers.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

You wouldn't fall short on my list, D4RK3 54B3R. You are on a whole other level!

I wouldn't want to compare developers like this. It's just too cruel. I prefer to judge the games that they make.
I really feel that OneFishDown should be on the list for his older work, have you seen that isometric skate board or rpg game he had going? That was fabulous and made in the early days too.

(Edit) plus Gta online was really popular too.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
I really feel that OneFishDown should be on the list for his older work, have you seen that isometric skate board or rpg game he had going? That was fabulous and made in the early days too.

OFD = Forum Account I think
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:

OFD = Forum Account I think

Yeah. I haven't heard that name in a while. But, when I did, I think there was talk about OFD being FA.
I don't know to be honest, but OFDs attitude was a bit different to FA..

Meh, doesn't really matter he made some great stuff for the time.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

Holy sh*t, I completely forgot about you and Andromeda, literally one of the most polished games I have tried on BYOND.

In response to IchiroKeisuke
IchiroKeisuke wrote:
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

Holy sh*t, I completely forgot about you and Andromeda, literally one of the most polished games I have tried on BYOND.

Put it this way, there are so many really good devs on BYOND that a top 10 is not enough.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Put it this way, there are so many really good devs on BYOND that a top 10 is not enough.

Haha, your probably right. There are definitely some awesome developers that I completely missed because I forgot about them at the time of the post.

remember though, that this is only my opinion, My top 10 BYOND Developers. I am pretty sure everyone who read it understood that. (or at least I hope they did)

I do think a more community driven list would be nice, I didn't find one to begin with so I decided to spend a little time and make one.

If anyone is up to organizing a new one - do it! I want to see it! lists like these are fun :3
Too long; didn't read. And this gets re-hashed like every 3-5 years. Odds are the *real* top ten would never bother to support such a 'list' because they are not into that kind of competition, and prefer to just make games instead of swaggering about with the knowledge that they are secure in history by some arbitrary short-sighted list. "my code stick is bigger than your code stick..YARRRRR FIGHT FIGHT MIGHTY BLOW! MIGHTY BLOW!"

Besides you are missing half of the real developers, like Flick, SilkWizard, Foomer, Super Saiyan X, Alathon, LesbianAssasin, Stephen001, LummoxJr, Deadron, and a slew of others from the old Guru crowd.

Plus, in the time it took to think up and bang out the list, you could have made a game! Maybe even... gosh... made your own list! :O

Lists like these are why Facebook and every other 'top ten list' website FAIL.

Less lists, more games! More real content!
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
"my code stick is bigger than your code stick"

Lmfao!
digitalmouse wrote:
Too long; didn't read. And this gets re-hashed like every 3-5 years.

The reason this post/thread was made is because I couldn't find a list like this and wanted one.

Odds are the *real* top ten would never bother to support such a 'list' because they are not into that kind of competition

Maybe, but it isn't really for them anyway..in the same way that the media aren't really "for" celebrities.

Besides you are missing half of the real developers, like Flick, SilkWizard, Foomer, Super Saiyan X, Alathon, LesbianAssasin, LummoxJr, Deadron, and a slew of others from the old Guru crowd.

Go make your own list if you want, I'm just a guy with opinions.

Plus, in the time it took to think up and bang out the list, you could have made a game! Maybe even... gosh... made your own list! :O

As for the game part, I'm sure you could have crapped out something, but anyone worth their salt would taken more than 30 minutes to make a game.

Less lists, more games! More real content!

I like lists like these, they are fun to me, just like games are (apparently) to you. I dunno why you hate top 10 lists so much but I enjoy them.
Thanks for the mention, I appreciate the appreciation!
gaiz y so argument tho. pls chill
Lists are easier to make. I will also accept Alathon's mention in my place. Just don't tell Alathon. :P

My serious development in DM went like so: I tried to use the pre-processor in DM once, it didn't do the thing I was expecting. The resulting behaviour difference caused a sadness in my heart only matched by that of a death of a loved one, and so, I did not develop in DM anymore.

By way of creative output though, you are definitely looking to the 2005 crowd more-so in terms of finding people who put out game idea after game idea after game idea, and usually with a slither of attention to the actual user experience also. I guess it was that 4.0 release enthusiasm, in a way. Although I've generally gone "Ehhh" about the actual game concepts he puts out, Yut Put carried that on that creative output okay in more recent times. And probably a few others, who I frankly overlooked.
IchiroKeisuke says:
I like lists like these, they are fun to me, just like games are (apparently) to you. I dunno why you hate top 10 lists so much but I enjoy them.
Probably because these lists are nothing short of idiotic. "top" anything lists are only useful for one thing: inciting the feelings of others and starting an argument that goes nowhere - all over an opinionated list.

I'd suggest investing your time more wisely.
*Bumps Stephen aside* -- Just kidding ;) Stephen deserves a mention above me, any day of the week.

I'm definitely not supposed to be on any list of game creators, although I'll take the honorary mention all the same :P While I've spent a great deal of time on BYOND, and shared my thoughts on many things over the past 10..13ish? years, I've failed to ever complete a single game using BYOND. Like Stephen, I've been repeatedly frustrated by technical issues with the language or the client, in particular those that plagued telnet clients; after realizing that they were marginal in priority and that BYOND wasn't going to be the platform I wanted, I moved on.

The games I enjoyed most on BYOND were definitely those made by DDT and Lexy, with an honorary mention to Foomer for making good-looking art and being an all-around funky and great guy. Ah, the good old times.

Excuse me while I go swoon in nostalgia.
i vote yut for #1
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
I will also accept Alathon's mention in my place. Just don't tell Alathon. :P

*edits list to add Stephen001 who was sorely overlooked! whoops!*
In response to IchiroKeisuke
IchiroKeisuke wrote:
digitalmouse ranted:

Monetary success via sheep-like behavior and general stupidity of it's users != actual usefulness. Facebook has continued to show that it cares less for it's users privacy or security year by year. Ergo, it fails. Just like Top ten lists. Except maybe the old David Letterman Top Ten - some of those were actually funny (emphasis on some).

Viva-la-'ello!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6