I just can't use other peoples libraries it doesn't feel right , so I try to make my own from looking at it and try to make it more effecient xD
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
I just can't use other peoples libraries it doesn't feel right , so I try to make my own from looking at it and try to make it more effecient xD

:)
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
yeah these guys may be the best developers but im hands down the best at ranting about everything i dont like about the world and no ones ever going to surpass me

you should be at the top of your own list! :D

I lol'd
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
I like Grei's list of games, it's like a time capsule of where the community was at a decade ago. Though, it does seem to omit one of his greatest hits.

The list is solid 24 carat gold, right there.
Glad you are okay with it, cause we weren't gonna. Mwahahaha.
It's shame that Acebloke and The Magic Man are missing.
I'm obviously the best developer
Wildblood should also have a mention IMO, while one of his games is a rip of Harvest moon the rest are fun and were pretty popular, especially scary game.
In response to A.T.H.K
Murder Mansion was SuperSaiyanGokuX, but I'm guessing you meant Scarey Game. WildBlood's Darkness Falls was pretty fun, too.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:

Yep, my bad, forgot the name!
No mention of Masterdan? I hate Naruto, but GoA was pretty influential for a large-ish chunk of time.

I think the only games I've ever put any sizable amount of time into are NEStalgia, DB: Onslaught, DB: Finale, Decadence, and Incursion. All excellent games (except Finale, which is only addicting when you have no life). So... SilkWizard, Tenshaku, SuperAntX, and LummoxJR. I forget who made Onslaught, which is a shame because that game was kind of ahead of the curve as far as fangames went in terms of HUD-based gameplay and actual questlines instead of endless grinding.

Special mention goes to Yut Put, who apparently buys a bag of Adderal every weekend and makes like 17 games... but then afterwards he's kind of an uppity asshole about it on the forums, so YMMV.
As soon as I saw Yut Put on this list all credibility went out the window. Quality > quantity. Go look at some of the REAL great developers of BYOND who innovated the language. I understand this list is just an opinion, but lets be real here.

And no offense to Yut Put, but I'm sure he'd agree there are plenty of great developers far above his level. This list is just an insult, especially the fact that Shadowdarke is nowhere on it.
How is one seeking for someone to help them learn to program capable of judging another persons project under the hood?

Great developers are capable of creating crappy games. What games are fun and what games are not are also opinions, not facts.
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
Great developers are capable of creating crappy games.

Uh okay

What games are fun and what games are not are also opinions, not facts.

When did I ever say anything about the level of fun in the game? I'm talking about actual developers who have done amazing things with the language and created games that are long forgotten but have better mechanics than some of these people could create for damn sure. It's not about putting out 5-10 games a week, stop trying to look smart troll.
I agree that BYOND appears pretty inactive. Fact is, there are many other game development communities that are much more active and successful than ours. BYOND, the company, doesn't advertise itself. It expects its users to make things that cause people to find out about it, but so far, its most notable creations have communities that either hate BYOND (SS13), try their best to ignore it (NEStalgia), or are hidden due to copyright law. Its most skilled users either move on or stay long enough to be driven away.

However, BYOND isn't completely dead yet; just look at what Higoten manages to fill his "Within" articles with. Although there aren't many games being released, there are certainly games in development; after all, quality games tend to take at least a few months to make, especially for casual or inexperienced developers who aren't as capable of being fully committed to game development as you can be.
In response to DarkeWarrior
DarkeWarrior wrote:
Lavitiz wrote:
What games are fun and what games are not are also opinions, not facts.

It's not about putting out 5-10 games a week, stop trying to look smart troll.

I'm not a troll, I've actually been working on a project that's of higher quality than most games created here on Byond. I've put a lot of time and effort into it, too.

Great job at making yourself look like an ass. I was just curious at how you could go in and judge Yut Put as hard as you did when you yourself haven't even made an attempt?

This community has seen many great developers in it's time, and it's people like you that push those striving to be great away. Even if the games produced do tend to be low quality, at least people are trying. Does that not count for anything?

Thank you Yut Put and the rest of the developers on Byond that have contributed. I hope that many more people will follow in your footsteps. I've learned a lot here and I wouldn't be at where I am today if it wasn't for Byond.

Darke, it was not my intention to hit a nerve. I would like to suggest you get your facts straight before you try and attack developers here on Byond though.
This thread went from 0 to 100 real quick.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
This thread went from 0 to 100 real quick.

No friggin' kidding. I think I'm going to start making some small games to make PutYut happy. He seems stressed that nobody is completing anything. Join with me, guise.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6