ID:101732

Resolved
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0
Applies to:BYOND Hub

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
As the game is hosted, and users connect, the number of "Private" users connected goes up, and stays up...overall increasing the number of "players" on the game (As of this time, there are 60 players logged in and playing, while the website and pager says 500+)

http://www.byond.com/games/Matt3151/NarutoTheFinalBattle

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime.

In other games?
Not sure.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When the game is down/offline

Workarounds:
Unsure.

I see you're hosting with 475 so the server should be able to correct that count periodically. Take a look in Dream Daemon and see if you have any unwanted world.Export() connections (they'll show up as just IP addresses in the Players tab), and if so ban them and see if the issue goes away about five minutes later when the server sends the correct count to the hub. If you do find spurious world.Export() connections, let us know the IP addresses and we can follow up. If you don't, that means there may be something that still needs to be tweaked on the hub.
I...do not see any IP Addresses...a few Guests, but besides that none Lummox.

Thanks for looking into it...even if it does "help" my game, It still feels cheap and unearned.
This also happened to my game, Pokemon Origins. The server said there was approximately an extra 20-200 people online, all which were private. It would always rise though, never a solid number.

Taking the server down and then putting it back online fixed the problem but it returned.

Eventually the problem just stopped.
This was resolved some time ago via a change to the hub.