ID:1017682

Keywords: anime, fall2012
Blast of Tempest:
Our main character is nothing more than an ordinary school kid, He quickly finds himself under gun fire, suspicion and involved in magic.
An epidemic caused by magic is spreading and there's only one Mage who's likely to be able to stop it, but she has been cast of to a remote desert island which has been placed under a barrier, now she plans to free herself.

There's a lot of mystery and confusion so far which leaves you wanting to understand more,
I would recommend trying this even though i've only seen episode one myself.

- Seemed like a very impressive start with a lot going on.

8 out of 10 for first ep.

-------------------------

Little Busters:
Our main character was distraught when his parents died, but thanks to four kids, he made new friends and still managed to have a wonderful childhood.
Now as these 5 friends are entering adult hood they find new activities to entertain them with the looming ideas of getting a real job.

- I really liked the main characters and there seems to be plenty of humour.. and a not to be taken seriously style to it.

8 out of 10 for me.

Psycho-Pass:
Our main character is a rookie police girl fresh into her first case with top grades but no real experience she finds herself in a tough world.
It's set in a future ruled by technology, Stress levels are read by machines which determine if you are a threat to anyone and what action to be taken.

Pretty darn good, it's dark and gritty seems quite a mature anime, our main characters looks like she'll have quite an experience fitting into her new judgement role.

- Got a bit of a judge dread (enforcer feel to it) dealing the judgement to the criminal based on the enforcer guns statistics.

7.5 out of 10 for first ep.

K
The main character seems to be a very relaxed and casual kid who soon becomes the target of several magical organisations who believe him to be the 7th evil king.
It's set in a near future Japan where technology has advanced and magic exists as well, He's now facing death unless he can do something about it.

The animation itself is Flashy and beautiful, It has some very good music and background themes and seems to be over flowing with style, i like it :P

- I'm not sure why... but i get a similar vibe to Durarara!! when i watched this, There seems to be a naked girl flying around (looked like no one could see her)

7 out of 10 for first ep.

Magi, The Labyrinth of magic:
Our main character Aladdin is a young boy (somewhere around 10+) Who seemingly does not know who he is,He makes one wish which sets him on his adventure.
This is set in the desert where towers have appeared, magical creations(dungeons) where the brave may enter and conquer, obtain wealth, glory or maybe a wish of your own desire.

This anime takes some familiar names and settings and changes them to create a unique and interesting story, I didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised!

- It's Aladdin and Alibaba and a Genie.. only.. very different :D

7 out of 10 for first ep.

Ixion Saga DT:
The main character is hopeless at games, after one of his loses a woman asks him to help her, he agrees and is sucked into another world while still sitting on his chair.
He finds himself in a world with warriors, guns, magic, princess' and everything else fantasy based.

There's a lot of humour in this seemingly ridiculous world where our main character is thrown in over his head but still manages to scrape by.

- I like comedy and i like RPG's so i quite like this :P 

6.5 out of 10 for me.

Code:Breaker:
Our main character is a female student, She is outspoken, strong, intelligent and very popular in her school.
While taking the train at night, she happens to glimpse a man standing in the middle of several people being burned alive, As the brave, justified person she is, she sets out to find this criminal and thwart him.

Not a magnificent plot by any means, I've seen a few anime which have a similar style, but it's got enough to want to see what happens next, It seems like they are kind of a dark society of assassins.

- He's got a nice flamethrower :).

6 out of 10 for me.

Btooom!
This main character is a top gamer in his favourite Online tactical bombing game, Other than that he is an unemployed 20 something.
Shortly after going to the store he happens to blank out and soon awakens on a tropical island with a bag containing 8 bombs, which it seems too take him far to long to work out how to use. Armed with some bombs, he soon finds out he's not alone and there are other players with bombs as well.

This anime makes you dislike the main character do i presume he will reform himself during this game, its not the most interesting but i'll see how it goes.

- Its quite similar to an anime version of Battle Royal.

6 out of 10 for first ep.

Several of these can be found and watched legally on:
Crunchyroll
Magi on AOD
K << Pun intended.
In response to ZIDDY99
lol :p found any interesting Anime this season Ziddy :)?, I know my reviews are a little lack luster but meh :P
Have there been any decent mecha anime lately?
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
Have there been any decent mecha anime lately?

Try Asura Cryin.
Define lately, I guess. There's a Star Driver movie incoming, for instance.

Gundam Age wasn't too well received, but did at least tickle some Gundam fancy.
Hey AC :) No recent ones that i could really recommend :( my most recent Mecha i've Seen are:
Break blade
Star Driver
Infinity Stratos

I don't think many peeps would like infinity Stratos lol, but other 2 are pretty interesting, and yeah i liked Asura cryin :)
Busou Shinki? I watched the movie but never go to the actual anime since it just recently came out.
Edit:Its not the Typical Mecha Anime you'd be thinking of tho x_x
In response to Teka123
Teka123 wrote:
i liked Asura cryin :)

:)
In response to VixiV
VixiV wrote:
Busou Shinki? I watched the movie but never go to the actual anime since it just recently came out.
Edit:Its not the Typical Mecha Anime you'd be thinking of tho x_x

More of a mini-mech harem style to Busou Shinki.
You might want to check out Psycho Pass and review that as well.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
You might want to check out Psycho Pass and review that as well.

I watched the first episode of that... for some reason, it reminded me of Texhnolyze.
In response to Bravo1
Yess! i meant to watch that, i saw the pv and was interested but i didn't realise it was out, Thanks Bravo :)
I have to say it looks pretty interesting, but the one character, the girl, is the worst female character in history.

Everyone in the anime looks normal except for her with her big stupid eyes. Look how much friggin space there is! Then on top of that they tell her "Hey, this is how [stuff] is done and it works very well" and she's like "no, fluffy kittens and happiness will save the world!"

I would continue watching if she dies horribly.
Yeah i've watched it now, and i did like the dark gritty feel to it,so i'll keep watching to see how it goes.

Lol i know what you mean, she looks really odd compared to everyone else lol, and i'm hoping she toughens up since her character is pretty irritating right now.

Reminds me of Judge Dreds setting a lot, a few more steps and they might as well prescribe everyone with some pacifying drugs to make them all get along and Woho! we'll be at Equilibrium :P

Well The latest Anime I've seen since this post.

• Little busters: First 2 eps
  • My little monster: First 2 eps
  • Girls Und PANZER:First 2 eps
  • Tsuritama: All 12 eps
  • Area no Kishi: All 37 eps
  • Accel World: Last 6 eps
  • Fate Zero: Last 10 eps

And i'm just watching last 6 eps of Steins;Gate because it gives me nightmares.
I'm a big fan of Slice of Life/Comedy sort of stuff, so my favorite anime for the season so far is Kyoto Animation's new title: "Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!"
IF you like slice of life/comedy anime then I would suggest Lovely Complex 'bout a short guy who ends up getting together with a really tall girl.

It's pretty funny and has some nice themes to it but it is a romance so prepare for your heartstrings to be tugged.
I saw that one last year, it's pretty good. I've actually been having a hard time lately finding anime in that genre because I've seen so many.
It's not really recent but my favorite mecha anime is Full Metal Panic.

"Yes, I have used a condom before they can store up to one liter of water." --A quote from Sousuke Sagara one of the main characters.
The main ones that I'm looking forward to this season are Sword Art Online, Codebreaker, Btoom,Psycho-Pass,and the new season of Bakuman.
Page: 1 2