ID:1027660

I believe I am experiencing more or less the same issue as in this thread: http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=294686&hl=idle%20client%20freeze

The time is unpredictable, but it can definitely be less than 15 minutes. I've had it happen in roughly five. Currently, I do not play other games much on BYOND so I do not know if they do it as well, but a project I've been designing does.

It does not appear to be related to poor design, because it seems to only happen to a rare few each without any lag around that time. I have the issue, and I believe maybe two or three other players out of at least ten others have experienced it.

I also do not believe it is router related, because mine doesn't seem to of lost connection on any IM Clients or anything else when this occurs.

I'd have to check my router, but I'm on Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 with BYOND 496.1145. The game is hosted on a Linux Shell server, with a BYOND version only most likely one update behind the latest.

I don't expect to find much help with this, but if any one knows anything or can help in any way I would appreciate it.
I too am getting this issue, Win 7 Home Premium. Latest non-beta BYOND version.
Build 497.1147

Fixes (More Info)

Dream Seeker
•Returning from a lock or Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't reset the map control properly in some cases and could cause DS to hang for an indeterminate period. (Ryuujin)

Try running it on the beta?
Gave the beta a try. I waited to post until I had some concrete info. The beta does seem to help, but this problem is still very much existent. It just either fixes its self, or causes you to get disconnected after a bit. Usually the latter of the two.

I would say that was fine, but it takes a while to do either one. I know it's not my internet, because whenever it makes me disconnect I lose my connection to my IM clients too. Those have remained stable.

Edit: Also, this is without using ctrl+alt+del at all. It just happens when idle.