ID:102797

Hey, I haven't posted any updates for Elander in a while. So I'd figure I'll post what I'm currently working on.

Race Professions and Sub-Professions. While designing races at the beginning of Elanders development I never really made races in-depth or much of anything other than a race label and a couple of different skills.

So I've decided to work on a professions chart for each race. Each race will have 2 professions to choose from, then when they have one of the two professions they can then pick from 2 sub-professions! This leads to interesting character battles of good verses evil.

Professions can be earned mostly through special Quests. Say you go on a quest as a Human, without either profession, and you get offered by an evil NPC to help them in aid against your current quest in return to become a Reaver. You then will be able to unlock Reaver skills, then eventually earn 1 of the 2 sub-classes of the Reaver.

Here is the in-completed Professions chart:

Click to enlarge

Here's a quick overview of each of the current Professions and Sub-Professions:

Professions:
Human
Reaver:
Evil, Can corrupt weapons making them stronger, also allowed in cultist chambers, but will always be attacked in Nobelist locations.

Nobleman:
Good, Access to stronger nobleman-only gear, will never be attacked by guards or any noble-being.

Vikia
Necromancer:
Evil, Raises the dead. Can bring back allies to battle.

Elementalist:
Good, Uses elements to heal allies, make self stronger, and use the environment against enemies.

Atkar
Rogue:
Evil, hides in the shadows, uses close range backstabbing attacks.

Bard:
Good, can sing songs to heal allies, harm enemies, and call nearby animals for assistance. Will never be attacked unprovoked by an animal.

Tyoshak
Devourer:
Evil, Still in-progress.

Guardian:
Good, Still in-progress.

Sub-Professions:
Necromancer
Blood:
Uses self blood to raise the dead. Opens blood ritual skills.

Soul:
Uses self mana to raise the dead. Opens up spiritual binding skills.

Rogue
Assassin:
Basically the normal Rogue, but an extensive amount of hidden attack skills, and stealth quests are unlocked.

Bard
Life:
Self sings songs to heal health and mana. Uses environment to heal.

Spirit:
Sings song to call forth an expanded variety of animals, along with summoning animals to attack enemies.

An updated chart and more information will be posted when I add more to the chart. Expect all of this to be in Elander once the chart is finished and descriptions are flushed out.

Thanks,
Magicbeast20

Be sure to check out the website and feel free to visit the Hub.
I don't get it: why do you have Warrior and a Tank? Usually, they're basically the same. Warriors have no magic and make up for it with high strength, defense and HP.

Whats going to make the Warrior different from the Tank? ( besides these sub professions ) The only thing I could imagine is that you simply gave Tanks a boatload of HP while only giving Warriors a slightly higher than average amount of HP.
Cow Whore wrote:
I don't get it: why do you have Warrior and a Tank? Usually, they're basically the same. Warriors have no magic and make up for it with high strength, defense and HP.

Whats going to make the Warrior different from the Tank? ( besides these sub professions ) The only thing I could imagine is that you simply gave Tanks a boatload of HP while only giving Warriors a slightly higher than average amount of HP.

Warriors are your all around average race, they have decent speed and focus mainly on fast dual sword attacks. While Tanks focus more on smashing and pinning down enemies with large and heavy axes and hammers.