ID:103103

Resolved
Displaying multiple icons with overlays in the statpanel, especially in the presence of large blocks of partially opaque color, could confuse the display into showing pieces of earlier icons.
BYOND Version:478
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.7
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.

http://johan411.webs.com/icons.dmi
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I use a black alpha background for my skill icons usually works fine but when i wanted to make it so the skill icon for attack looked like your weapon it started glitching on me.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Make a black alpha background. add an overlay of a sword or something. Then display it in your statpanel.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
proc
UpdateATICON(mob/M)
var/WEP="NONE"
var/WEPI="NONE"
for(var/obj/Equipment/Weapon/W in M.contents)
WEP=W.icon
WEPI=W.icon_state
if(WEP!="NONE")
for(var/obj/Skills/Attack/S in M.Skills)
S.overlays=null
S.icon_state="WEAPONBASE"
var/obj/O=new
O.layer=S.layer+1
O.icon=WEP
O.icon_state="[WEPI]"
S.overlays+=O
else
for(var/obj/Skills/Attack/S in M.Skills)
S.icon='HUD.dmi'
S.icon_state="NOWEAPON"

Expected Results:
You should see a black icon with the overlay in ur statpanel.

Actual Results:
Insted you see a black icon with you character icon w/ overlays then the overlay for ur skill icon.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime
In other games? Probably
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
Havent tested arround but this should work unless byond is unable to display overlays in the statpanel.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Not sure
Workarounds:
Haven't found one.

I'm not convinced this isn't simply a code problem, but there isn't enough code posted to tell. I need a demo or a copy of the project's source to investigate this further. You can email code to me at [email protected].
Ok, give me a few minuites.
Edit: Sent
This was a good find. Apparently the issue stems from the use of multiple icons with overlays being used, and may be a result of the large partial transparencies you use (which are not supported by statpanels). The next release will show the icon correctly, partial opacity notwithstanding.
thank you