ID:105351

Keywords: interview

Journalism Interview: KhaosParadox

Interviewed by FantasieProductions

BYOND Journalism | FantasieProductions's Page | KhaosParadox's Page

FP: What caused you to join Byond?

KhaosParadox: I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh! and my friend linked me to a game on BYOND, I forgot the name.

FP: Besides Eternia have you tried to create any other successful Byond Games?

KhaosParadox: Nope

FP: What spurred your mind to create Eternia? How many months, days, years, did you plan in advanced to create Eternia?

KhaosParadox: I decided to create Eternia because I couldn't find any RPGs on BYOND that I enjoyed. I'd say there was a good month of planning before I set out to look for developers, mainly the lore of the game and key gameplay features.

FP: How do you like your staff so far? Are they all working to the best of their abilities and your standards? You hired a fabulous Pixel Artist Mike a while back, how is he going to provide a rich experience for the future players of Eternia?

KhaosParadox: Definitely. The artists all create splendid pieces and are willing to change it upon request, and Shadowdarke has been a great help - I don't know where the project would be right now if he didn't join. Mike is doing good, he's currently working on a new grass tileset for the game. I can't wait to see his future work.

FP: Before your time as a Developer, what did you do to pass your time around Byond? What was your favorite game? Your favorite Guild?

KhaosParadox: I played a few games here and there I guess. I don't think I had a favourite game, nor a guild. I suppose I've never really been involved with BYOND, up until I started Eternia. Although currently, I'm really into Casual Quest and Decadence if that's a consolation to the several game developers on BYOND.

FP: Would you like to give your fans a little heads up in what to expect from Eternia? It has been quite some time since you posted a new update blog post.

KhaosParadox: Yeah, it's been about two weeks.

Right now we're planning to incorporate modular programming into Eternia, and have several programmers submit modules for both security and progress speed reasons. I didn't realize it was possible on that kind of scale until a week or so ago, which is pretty cool. I've had no real reason to update the population on programming, because it's mainly engine work -- the background stuff that most people aren't going to be interested in. Once there's good progress and depth on the front end, you can expect some polished demos.

My next blog post will cover both the gameplay and lore of the game. So watch out for that, if you want a heads up - there's not much I can cover in an interview.

FP: Thanks for the heads up, I am sure the players will enjoy this very much.

FP: What do you do when you are not online? What are your hobbies?

KhaosParadox: I don't really have many hobbies. I spend my free time watching Anime, reading, working out, or socializing with friends.

FP: May I ask what Kind of Anime you watch?

KhaosParadox: I watch all sorts of Anime. Mainly supernatural and fantasy. Right now I'm watching 12 Kingdoms, Blade of the Immortal, Nabari no Ou, and Fairy Tale.

FP: Last question. In the near future after Eternia is released, after it is all over, and the game is finally out, have you thought about what you plan to do? Will you take a much needed break or perform daily updates on the game?

KhaosParadox: My plan is to use the money from subscriptions to pay for Eternia updates, and if we're fortunate, use the cash to start other neat, nice-looking projects. I think Eternia has the potential to make a lot of money, and if I'm correct, I'll use the money to make more games .

Although, I have a different kind of project in mind, if Eternia takes off - one of the first I'd like to start on. Something similar to what RPGMaker does provides sprites and tilesets- I really want to be able to give art at that level for developers to use. A complete kit to make a variation of games.

FP: Oh my, sounds amazing! You have big dreams after this. I surely do hope they come to fruition. Well that would be the last question. I would like to thank you for you time and wish the best of luck to you and your staff.

KhaosParadox: No problem, and thank you.

FP: Until next time, Khaos.

finally some activity :D
I wish someone would interview me- I mean, I'm so interesting. (not really) :(
This was my first interview, I was so nervous =D I'm glad it all turned out well.
Haha, I saw you talking about the questions on Chatters.

Also, I agree with what Super Saiyan X said, but directed at me...xD
Fantasie Productions wrote:
This was my first interview, I was so nervous =D I'm glad it all turned out well.

Yeah, thanks a lot. It seemed short at first, but Khaos didn't elaborate a lot on stuff. He answered the questions, though; that's all that matters. Hopefully we'll see more submissions in the near future.
Fugsnarf wrote:

Yeah, thanks a lot. It seemed short at first, but Khaos didn't elaborate a lot on stuff. He answered the questions, though; that's all that matters. Hopefully we'll see more submissions in the near future.

I'll try my best to submit as many Interviews with interesting people as possible.
Are you saying I'm not interesting?
wtf.
:(
Super Saiyan X wrote:
wtf.

Albro1 wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:
wtf.

What of course not >......> I didnt "SAY" that at all =D But if I find the time I will love to interview the "PEOPLE" of Byond and not just the Developers.
Albro1 wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:
wtf.

What of course not >......> I didnt "SAY" that at all =D But if I find the time I will love to interview the "PEOPLE" of Byond and not just the Developers.

I'm a developer too. >:(
I've developed some crappy skin-based demos, and three crappy games.

I'd rather see an interview of SSX opposed to some scrub from a Naruto game.
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Albro1 wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:
wtf.

I'm a developer too. >:(
I've developed some crappy skin-based demos, and three crappy games.

..< Well I'll see what my schedule looks like for tomorrow =D I'll squeeze something in here >...> And Darke O.O Don't be mean everyone has their place here and there.
I am a developer as well. I am currently the main programmer for Hulio-G's Bleach Online.
Albro1 wrote:
I am a developer as well. I am currently the main programmer for Hulio-G's Bleach Online.

I know i've been waiting for a status update on the game for ages >...> But this is besides the point =D Interviews will be done with as many people as I possibly can do. Although if I do interview you I more than likely won't submit it till the next sunday since well O.O 1 interview a week sounds pleasant.
I know i've been waiting for a status update on the game for ages >...> But this is besides the point =D

I would be happy to tell you some of the new things planned. If you have time tonight, I am free and bored. Feel free to hit me up whenever you want.

Albro1 wrote:
I know i've been waiting for a status update on the game for ages >...> But this is besides the point =D

I would be happy to tell you some of the new things planned. If you have time tonight, I am free and bored. Feel free to hit me up whenever you want.

I might just take you up on your offer Albro =D Thank you for the offer.

No problem. Comment on my blog whenever you have time, then we can decide where we will do the interview. If need be, I can host a little Developer program I made, to keep things private and not have to worry about the annoying, buggy MSN.
Albro1 wrote:

No problem. Comment on my blog whenever you have time, then we can decide where we will do the interview. If need be, I can host a little Developer program I made, to keep things private and not have to worry about the annoying, buggy MSN.

Fabulous, I'll talk to you then =D
You could put up whatever screen shots you can make up from what Albro shows you, if you make the interview. That would be a nice feature.
Page: 1 2