ID:111648

Keywords: medals, mma, pixelart
I've been out for a bit, I got lost in the void.

Welcome to central Illinois

However, I've been devoting time recently to pursuing progress on MMA. According to some of the lurking I've been doing, BYOND has received the attention of some of the big dogs out there and sadly this means I'll be needing to remove support for a bunch of the fan games I had intended to list as OMGs. I'm taking an extra precaution and removing anything that is unoriginal, or uses others' intellectual property.

The following titles are now nixed.

Death Note Online (18)
Final Fantasy Legacy (33)
Pokemon Citrine Online (8)
Resident Evil (29)
Resident Evil Online 2 (18)

For a whopping total of 106 medals. I'm sad to see them go, but I can't be pixeling content for games that may or may not be permitted in the future. I'm just playing it safe. Besides, I'm a big proponent of originality anyway! Then again, I need to find some more original games with medals to replace those medals I won't be supporting. If you know any original games that added medals in the last few months, let me know.

As for progress, I've gotten back into pixeling, with tutelage from many wonderful pixel artists around BYOND past and present.

Pixeled this little fellow last night.

The above will quite likely serve as the base for player sprites and NPCs. I'm not sure how much customization I want, it'll probably wind up being hair and face only. Or I might make everyone be the super-nerd on the right.

Anyway, I've been doing design and pixel art. It's slow going, but I'm doing some neat stuff with javascript and interfaces that is sure to turn some heads.

It's Time To Rebuild.ogg

I've been discussing the creation of some decent music with the guy who was remaking Efencea's music and SFX too. At this point, I'm pretty sure MMA will have some nice music and SFX that are entirely unique.
If you're looking for more games with medals, A Miner Adventure has about 28 and RPG Sweeper has 5.

http://www.byond.com/games/Forum_account/AMinerAdventure
http://www.byond.com/games/Forum_account/RPGSweeper
Ahh, I already had RPGSweeper in my list, I was unaware AMinerAdventure added any. Let me know when Exordium & Terminus gets some.
Excellent!
Did you want to use the medals from Decadence? I vaguely remember being up for it awhile back, don't know if anything ever became of it.
Yes, I intend to include the medals in one of the greatest original games around. I'll be in touch about what sort of special content could go into the Decadence sector.