I could take the client I developed for Artemis and split that into a stand alone program if someone else wanted to host it. I could even include some sort of TRC function. Maybe.

or the style points of Artemis.

Who doesn't love yellow FixedSys against a black background?
IainPeregrine wrote:
I could take the client I developed for Artemis and split that into a stand alone program if someone else wanted to host it. I could even include some sort of TRC function. Maybe.

It wouldn't be hard to do...
1) auto-subscribe people to the Artemis channel
2) transmit everything from your main 'room' to Artemis' channel
3) transmit everything from Artemis' channel back to the main 'room'
The thing about Artemis was that I didn't care about the entirety of Iain's project as much as just chatting with people on Artemis' server.
Everyone went to Hell their home.
I've never used a chatter program. So I haven't been hiding anywhere >.>.
IainPeregrine wrote:
I could take the client I developed for Artemis and split that into a stand alone program if someone else wanted to host it.

Give me the client, and I'll give you the server.

or the style points of Artemis.

Who doesn't love yellow FixedSys against a black background?

It reminded me of Star Trek

It reminded me most of IRC. I figure since we're all discussing Artemis here, why not?
i can't join the saloon on my rommate's mac in A school :( (which has been awesome so far by the way, but i may have a biased perspective considering i've done nothing but be on weekend liberty since i got here).

people need to start using artemis or something
Artemis was telnettable, and the saloon is too, last I checked. The port might cause an issue though, because my school has all of the IRC ports blocked for some strange reason, which they won't disclose to me. And the saloon is hosted on one of those ports. Woohoo.
Could always make a browser interface for it.
I'll see what I can do about that, Zaole.
don't worry too much about it, in a week or two i'll be buying or building a desktop PC (or possibly just getting a good laptop, depends what the nearby bestbuy has; the Navy Exchange is just macs macs macs).

what's your contact address, badger? i want to add you back into my YIM list (i'm using an older one because i forgot the one i used most recently due to auto-signing in for the past 3 years).
Page: 1 2