DMM Suite

by IainPeregrine
The DMM Suite provides saving and loading of map files in BYOND's native DMM map format.
ID:113469

The DMM Suite provides saving and loading of map files in BYOND's native DMM map format. It approximates the map saving and loading processes of the Dream Maker and Dream Seeker programs so as to allow editing, saving, and loading of maps at runtime.

The Suite is designed to be simple and easy to understand, even for beginners. The basic functions necessary to read and write maps are provided as verbs for easy access from the code tree, and are outlined in the internal reference.

The DMM Suite is under active development. Though it is powerful and ready to be used, it shouldn't be considered stable (though it is a hell of a lot more stable than the old version). Please report bugs you encounter and make suggestions. You can also contribute to the code via Github: https://github.com/jacobabrennan/dmm_suite

Thank you to Forum_account for their excellent Text library, and to Zasif, without whom this library wouldn't have been updated.
Works well when icons generated at runtime are not involved. Otherwise, it will fail to write coherent data.

I would like there to be a way to specify variables for the dmm writing processes to ignore.
Thank goodness for this. I thought I'd never see a good .dmm loader ever since PIF's broke.
A bit hard to understand at first. Documentation might be improved? However one of the few good map loader libs.
Phoestre wrote:
A bit hard to understand at first. Documentation might be improved?

Sure. Tell me what you're having problems with, and I'll address it. I just reread the documentation and aside from a typo (dmp instead of dmm in one spot) I don't see anything to improve. To save a map, call write_map(turf1,turf2). To load a map, call load_map(map_file).
I like it!