ID:113689

As I consider my programming career, I've come to a sort of... plateau. Sitting at my desktop with 20+ unfinished games, only having knowledge in ~5 languages (and not an expert, just maybe a decent-to-good programmer in all), I've come to this point where I'm just unsure of what to do at all.

It's not that I don't hold confidence in myself. I'm still young - I have a whole lifetime to become an expert. The real issue is I'm not faced with anything I want to create so badly that I end up being so driven, so motivated to complete it that I actually do so.

If I have a game idea, it tends to be so simple to create that I end up just giving up because it isn't challenging. When I consider something that would be more of a challenge to me, I begin to get derailed because I consider the competition I am facing - "If I make this, nobody would play it because this other game has already done that, and has done it better."

It's not that I'm depressed, or sad really. It's moreover that I simply need something to do. Boredom at its finest, I need a type of challenge. I considered 3d game design. I considered developing a music creation program. I considered (and am doing) Android application development.

I have all these ideas, but lack any motivation because none of them are really solid enough, or really even fun. I think the primary reason is because I work alone. I rarely work in a team with people, and by doing that progress gets nowhere.

So, here is my offer to any of you serious about design - I'd like to join a team (or start a team) that has an artist and another developer. BYOND game, 3d game (using Unity3D?), HTML5 game, you name it - I want in. I just need something to do this summer, and I need it to be fun and worth my time. If anyone is interested, comment here or e-mail me at [email protected].

The goal is progress. If you can't see this project getting anywhere in the next 3 months, I don't want in.
I hear Hungry Souls Productions is hiring.
lol to many programmers we need more Pixel artists to join projects... xD
I've started an XNA project that I'm also going to be working on a bit more during the summer. I won't bore you with silly details, so here's my current plan for it.
XBOX Arcade dev? Is that what that is DT?
Yes. That's not really what I have in mind, but it is an avenue I could pursue (my school gives me a free year of access, as well as all of the tools). It is really an excuse for me to learn C# a bit better.
Well, Fantasie could use another programmer. We have 1 programmer, Two Artist, and a the brains behind the idea :D
you can fix the code in sb&hjy byond for me if you want
If your interested in Resource Center types of efforts, drop me a line.

ts
Delve is interested in an someone good with website creation.