ID:115920

Keywords: code, tab
In order to provide a proper way to display your code in the developer forum, you need to include tabs. What tends to irk me (not extremely, just a bit) is when you have to do this by inputting four spaces to get the tab effect.

mob
verb /*<-- this would have been quicker with a tab,
roughly 1 second quicker. */

It's not too big of an issue, and I'm over-dramatizing the actual difficulty of this, because it actually is very simple. However, I still must be honest in stating I wish we could have tabs when displaying code, and therefore in text-areas, so if Tom and Lummox would like this nifty code I found that presents that glorious effect, see the attached file. This may have been brought up before, and researched, and to be honest I don't care much - it's just something that I happened to come across (no ownership claims) and would make life easier for some people. Not a complaint, just a helping hand if needed. ;)

2011-07/CauTi0N-0001/tab_in_textarea.js
I agree with this.
If I'm writing more than a couple of lines I'll write it up in notepad first. It's easy to hit windows+r, type "notepad", and hit enter. I agree that the forum improvements would be nice, but this works in the meantime.
Mmm, I never even considered that. I'm not really criticizing the forums, because I personally think BYOND's forums are one of the best I've seen on the net. It's just something I've run into more than just once, so I thought I'd post this up as a take-it or leave-it suggestion.
I'm very guilty of one-line spacing. Tab in text area would be nice.