ID:1169266

I was just working on a rough draft of a hub, and found out that the large icon is limited to 20kb, and the banner is limited to 50kb; why is that? I can definitely understand limits, but that seems to be way too low. I would of expected at least double that.

I'm currently trying to use some gifs, and the artist is having to try to lower the file sizes because even though they're pretty simple they're around triple those sizes. Hopefully it won't be a problem, but I was just wondering why the limits are so low.

Edit: Seems the file size isn't too tough to reduce, but the limits are pretty low so I am still curious about this.
Yeah, that is probably just a legacy thing. We can lift that.
Ah, I see. Well, I was just curious, but that would be great. It can make a big difference on the graphic quality of the banners.
I agree same with the BYOND members Changing Small Icon
I agree as well
Any idea when this might be changed? I don't mean to rush it at all. I'm just curious, and looking forward to finishing a hub rough draft I've got stored for future use. I heard something about the site going down for maintenance like a week ago, and I was hoping this would be so easy that it would of been done then, but I just checked and it wasn't so now I'm wondering if it's gonna be a bit tough to do.
I could swear we doubled the limits. No?
Ah, you're right. I must not of noticed because I used a bit too big of a test file. That's much easier to work with, though. Thanks.