ID:117401

Keywords: guild, tcc, update
Board Game Contest

Quite a few contestants seem to be working on our latest challenge as seen by my last post to the guild's site. I have counted seven (7) projects currently under construction and have already received 3 entries. Keep up the great work and tweak those creations! You still have six (6) days remaining until the deadline.

Forums

I've recently been working on arranging the Guild's forums to be more member-friendly. I've had a few questions to why some of the topics weren't accessible. Here's the answer: Most of the sections require you to be a Guild Member to be able to write a new topic or reply to one. However, everyone can read the topics.

The current list of sections and forums are as follows:

---Off-topic---
General Discussion: Talk about whatever you like (For everyone)
Classified Ads: Get help for your developments here! (For Guild Members Only)
Project Announcements: Let us know what you're currently working on (For everyone)

---Game Submissions--
Submit a Game: Request a game be listed or removed (For everyone)
Reviewed Games: Games that have been reviewed for listings/removal (Guild Members Only)

---I want to help!---
Drop in a Resume: Want to help? Apply here! (Guild Members only)
Reviewed Resumes: Resumes that have been reviewed (Guild Members Only)

I'm looking to get the Forums more active. If you want to check out what's being discussed or have something to say that follows those topics, click HERE for a direct link to the forums.

Personal

I've been working alot lately. My projects are suffering a bit from this, but I'm getting back on track a little at a time.

Recently, Teka123 and I have began work on a new, improved Teka Co Chat since the last has been lost and hasn't seen any updates in quite a while. The new, revamped version will contain the following features:

Lobby where you initially login
Fully interactive interface
Player-created rooms
Password-protected rooms for private discussion
Advanced server controls

I hope to see you at its release!

Thanks for reading.
The chat system looks way too flashy.
Why don't you just make it look like a simple irc system with a ton of useful utilities?
What do you mean by "fully interactive interface" exactly?
Oasiscircle wrote:
The chat system looks way too flashy.
Why don't you just make it look like a simple irc system with a ton of useful utilities?

It's really not flashy. I made it sound a bit more flashy than it really is. When you login to the lobby, you see a grid on the right with players' keys, time on the server and status. (being in the lobby or in a chatroom) Then there is another grid in the center with the rooms, who created them, a short description and whether it's open or locked. Click the room to receive an interface window popup giving you info on the room. If it's password protected, you have to type in the password in the input. If it isn't password protected, you just click "Join" or "Cancel"

F0lak wrote:
What do you mean by "fully interactive interface" exactly?

There's no "Verb Panels" or dropdown menus. Everything you need to do is either clickable on the grid or can be done with the two buttons placed on the interface entitled "Create Room" or "Options"
I noticed the logo at the top doesn't match the title of the guild.
The logo says Simple Development Guild and the official title is Simple Developments Guild. The logo is missing an 's.' I don't know if that matters.
Complex Robot wrote:
I noticed the logo at the top doesn't match the title of the guild.
The logo says Simple Development Guild and the official title is Simple Developments Guild. The logo is missing an 's.' I don't know if that matters.

I wasn't going to say anything. Teka made it for us for free.
Teka's a nice guy, though...
I think he fixed it.

Thanks Teka!