ID:1192453

There's a couple strange things about me...
1) I love consistency, and therefore watch the same show/movie multiple times.
2) I watch TV while I study and it helps me concentrate, because after the first time watching I don't need to necessarily pay attention anymore.

I have been looking for a new show to study to, and though I'm not an anime fanboy, I'm actually thinking it should be an anime. I've only seen two in my life, and absolutely loved both of them - Death Note and Code Geass. As far as non-anime shows, I'll study to the following: Suits, Dexter, Heroes, Breaking Bad, White Collar.

However, during a non-anime show, I get more into it, and anime I like in the background. So, I guess I'm looking for your very favorite anime shows so I have something new to try (trying to break my bubbles).
FUNimation channel.

Only on Verizon though and you have to pay for it. (Use to be free)
Gintama.
THE UNLIMITED Hyobu Kyosuke

Saiyuki

Darker than black
Paranoia Agent
Read or Die
Golden boy
Neon Genesis
Shigurui

amazing anime

sadly i haven't watched Hellsing yet.
Hunter X Hunter - (Love this Anime)
HellSing
Berserk

Ant'x diagram makes for a good starter set for people, I'd go with that.
hunter x hunter
captain tsubasa
slam dunk
I agree, there's a lot of top quality anime within that image :O , also i don't think you ever shared that with me before.

There's at least 5 anime in that which i have not seen!
I would really, really, really recommend "Mirai Nikki" as well as "Another".
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
I would really, really, really recommend "Mirai Nikki"

pls no. Both the show and the manga are quite terrible. Its only redeeming value was its leading yandere character which they managed to screw up in the end.

Another was okay. More or less Final Destination: The Anime.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
Dariuc wrote:
I would really, really, really recommend "Mirai Nikki"

pls no. Both the show and the manga are quite terrible. Its only redeeming value was its leading yandere character which they managed to screw up in the end.

Another was okay. More or less Final Destination: The Anime.

Errr. Did I miss something here?
Is there a reason you're replying to only my post?
It's a personal opinion. Just like you dislike it, I like it, that's my freedom.

Did I finger pick through the 20 some odd animes you posted half of which I have tried watching and had 0 interest in?
Nope.
I'd kindly ask you to limit your opinions to your own preferences.

I'll never understand why people have this overwhelming need to chime in and start random debates about things that don't even matter o_O

In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Durarara!!, is a pretty good anime - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/encyclopedia/ anime.php?id=10947

i do not understand Durarara at all... who the heck is the main character lol
Dariuc wrote:
Is there a reason you're replying to only my post?

While the other suggestions have been pretty solid, one of yours was not so much.

I'd kindly ask you to limit your opinions to your own preferences.

Egads, anime discussion in an anime recommendation thread? Ban everyone and close the topic! Hurry, before someone insults my dakimakura.

Try not to take forum comments so personal, the internet is less stressful that way.

Southend_boi wrote:
i do not understand Durarara at all... who the heck is the main character lol

That's the point, but it does kinda fall apart in the third act. Give Baccano a shot, it's basically the same formula but better. Also the dub is better than the sub.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
who the heck is the main character lol

I'm telling you, we're same bro.. we're same