Azusa RP Online

by Inutaishos
Azusa RP Online
New Game Mode: Battle Arena, and Free to play steam period!
ID:1211655

Keywords: gm, has, i, kin

"An evil creature known as Death Lord reigned and enslaved the planet with death, using his army from the underworld that wear armors based on human mistakes. These armors give them power to keep the tyranny of fear and despair
But a chance is given to humans as armors of life are given to a group of heros so they can fight against all the evil in a Great War. But even with these armors the human could never defeat the Death Lord, and his reign prevail. A sacred book called Self-Writing Book writes the story of every Great War and in this book, heroes of the past made prophecies about a savior that would come and defeat all the evil and bring a new era of freedom, an era called "Azusa".

That’s the common knowledge, but something is different about this generation, the underworld warriors aren`t seen since a long time, the earth is healthy and humans are free. Some say that the histories of the past are just legends, as the Self-Writing Book has been missing for over 300 years ago. But every thing changed when armors falls from the sky and that would be signs of an eminent Great War... But if the armors are real, what brought Azusa to our generation? There are a lot of mysteries about the past to be fount..."

The story made me instantly want to close the game, but I figured I could enjoy the game like people enjoy those really horribly acted in movies. If I were to give a quote for this game I'd say, "This is like entering the mind of Tommy Wiseau!"

Let me first start this out by saying I don't enjoy heavy-creative-writing video games that appear on BYOND known as "roleplay games". On top of that I greatly dislike the grind mechanics featured in many anime-inspired games which are not even trying to make the activity fun and gives way to "paper-weight training" which is ironically and heavily frowned upon. But I slightly digress. Why I bring up those two genres is because Azusa is what appears to be a bastardized hybrid of both genres. Sprinkle in some RPG-Maker/Free-to-use Icons, some sincere story writing and some windows, add a few more windows for good measure on the small window to large window win-ratio. Windows.

I sadly gave this game five minutes and then I got bored/disinterested/contemplated going outside and Before people argue that I didn't give the "experience" a proper chance I just have to say shuddap.

To clarify, I greatly don't believe the "give the game a full play through" ideology especially on MMO-esque games. Getting to a "late game" on a common game would involve spending at least a day maybe two, on a grind-mmo that number grows exponentially and if I don't enjoy the first five minutes I'm not going to keep torturing myself. In truth I didn't like this game just from a design stand point. The icons are mismatched styles and in "big" mode comes out blurry. It's just plain not nice looking.

Speaking of design standpoints, I really don't like verb tabs, and a myriad of buttons; this is the first time I literally laughed at how many windows were on my screen. To summarize, the game is obviously unpolished, and that's all I can really say. I wish the author best of luck.