ID:1238522

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
How about cranking out some more use out of the statusbar at the bottom of a window? Right now it's only able to show the name of whatever item you have your mouse over. This is centered on the left with absolutely no customization while the rest of the bar is completely useless.

What I would like to do is broadcast information directly to the statusbar like I would an output window. I would like to put useful information there such as the position of the mouse cursor, CPU usage, clipboard data, and so on.

It just seems like a huge waste of screen space to even have a statusbar as it is now, even in non-game utilities.
+
I mean, it's easy to just disable the status bar and send specific text to a customizable label. That's what I do in Hazordhu to have per-user naming. Bob to you can be Robert to someone else, according to the custom status bar.

I wonder what else you're implying when you mention cursor position and clipboard data.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
disable the status bar and send specific text to a customizable label.
Labels don't match a user's desktop theme, at least I don't think so. Though, using labels is a good workaround.

I wonder what else you're implying when you mention cursor position and clipboard data.
Completely random examples unrelated to the request itself.
++
I would love to see more use become available to the status bar. ++
I could have sworn that you could output raw text to the statusbar. However more customization to it would be great.

++