ID:1259174

(See the best response by Tom.)
Okay, so this should hopefully be a quick and easy question to answer. When people Subscribe to your game, where the heck does the money go to?

I've checked my wallet, and I don't see anything there. I checked the Subscription page, and the Subscribers are listed, but nothing about the payments they've made to get them.

I could of sworn it all went to the wallet, and could be transferred to Paypal whenever you want, but one Subscription was bought several hours ago and hasn't shown up so I am doubting it's a processing delay.
The money shows up in your BYOND Wallet "at the end of the day" - so like 12 AM California time.
Ah, I see. Thank you.
Actually, they should show up as "pending" in your wallet immediately, and you can withdraw the next day. However, I'm looking at your wallet and not seeing this, so there's a display issue we'll have to look at (or I'm misunderstanding something). I have verified two orders for you today so the money is there.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Actually, they should show up as "pending" in your wallet immediately, and you can withdraw the next day. However, I'm looking at your wallet and not seeing this, so there's a display issue we'll have to look at (or I'm misunderstanding something). I have verified two orders for you today so the money is there.

Yut Put had an issue with this before - no transaction at all appeared in his wallet. When I asked Lummox JR he said "It happens at the end of the day. There used to be a longer waiting period." So, it did appear fine at the end of the day.

I'm guessing it is an issue with it not displaying "pending" transactions.
Yeah, that's not right though. They should appear in a pending section. I've verified that works for at least some cases so something is buggy.
Best response
BTW, if you have a business or a premier paypal account (aka anything can accept credit-cards), it'd be better to move to a newer system we have, where you just accept payments directly and it forwards a cut onto you (so instead of customer->us->you, it goes customer->you->us). The advantage is that you get your money in real time and you can control refunds. The disadvantage is that the UI is a little clunkier for the customer since it takes them to paypal, but we've had no complaints so far, and I think most of the world is used to it because it's what ebay uses. Generally once you start accepting a larger volume of payments, we'll require this system because of the tax implications of us "banking" your money.
Ah. I would of thought it was pretty strange if this was intended, so it makes sense; hopefully fixing whatever bug that is going on won't be difficult.

I don't have one right now, but I could look into upgrading or making one whenever that becomes necessary. I won't mind then, so just let me know when it is required, and how to switch it.

Thanks for the informative responses.
Lummox JR just fixed this so you'll see the records in your wallet now.
Regarding the paypal, it only really matters to us if you start doing a high volume (my cutoff would be over $600 in a year, since that's when the IRS gets interested in the records). Having a business account means that Paypal will take a cut of 3%+0.30 for any payments people send to you, but you can accept credit-cards. Since we offset our subscription cut accordingly, it doesn't cost you any money for BYOND stuff (actually I believe the new system saves a little bit of money for the merchant). If you receive a lot of Paypal payments from users, you probably would want to setup a separate business account for your BYOND stuff (which is a good idea for bookkeeping purposes anyway, on the chance it becomes big).