ID:1289143

What makes you a true fan of something?

Some people say if you are a fan of a videogame, sports team, artist, etc that you will support it no matter what. The only thing is that some people only support it because other people do (COD, Miami Heat, Chief Keef) when its really not that good. It can be good, but would they be supporting it if nobody else was? Kind of random post, but what separates a true fan from a fake fan?
Fake fan -> Someone who claims to be a fan of comics (even books) because they ONLY watched some movies (Batman, Green Lantern, Iron Man, etc)

True fan -> Someone who actually knows the mythos and characters (even if it's just from reading Wikipedia) beyond the movie mythos.
Lol..i hate the heat and have no favorite team but i'm a fan of call of duty because i like almost all the game mechanics and the story. Not many people like it but i do and chief keef. I can Relate to his music and stuff and i like how it sounds o-o. Being a real fan i guess is how much you like something and connect with it.
Fan
noun
1. An apparatus with rotating blades that creates a current of air for cooling or ventilation.

Being a fake fan would mean that you merely have the appearance, but lack the function. Why someone would want to fan a videogame, team, or artist is beyond me. Miami Heat could probably use a fan or two. If you want to be a -true- fan, be sure that you have rotating blades and that you actually create a current of air which has a proper cooling effect.
I'd rather be a Belieber than a Chief Keef fan. At least you can understand what Bieber is saying - over half of what comes out of Chief Keef's mouth just sounds like a bunch of incoherent, mindless grunting.