So you are wanting 3D features in a 2D game. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way. You should probably elaborate on your lag comment, since I can create thousands of objects and make them all move around without lag. As for your other suggestions, particles are already suggested and physics is pretty game specific. With BYOND being able to make so many different types f games, a physics engine wouldn't fit.
If anything 3D, this.

A decent physics engine is not feasible using DM.
it would for side scrollers you kno how bad side scrollers are on byond?
In response to Mastergamerx
I was referring to non-bounding-box collision, rotation, and stuff like that.

Gravity for a sidescroller can be done in 5 minutes.
^

Hmm i would probably like more tools within the DM icon editor.

~Used color pallet on screen (different to the colors > edit option~)

Old thing i drew once lol
I'm using BYOND only for playing various SS13 servers. Not for friends, other games, etc. These servers are not shown in BYOND hub, so i added them into bookmarks. But today i'm updated to 499 to get new Dream Maker features.

WHERE IS MY BOOKMARKS? BYOND 499, WHY YOU SUCK SO MUCH?

After some search, i'm noticed that bookmarks has been moved to Games - Open. It's taking too long when you need to connect to server RIGHT NOW to join the game before roundstart. And it is much harder to use than old good bookmarks list from 496. And more, on my slow Internet connection "Games" takes too much time to load! Move bookmarks to the main page!

Byond now:

Byond I want:
In response to ACCount12
Yes, the bookmarks in the new pager are definitely a step down from the old pager. It was just so much easier having a dropdown menu with a list of games in it.
It makes a lot of sense to put some bookmark access on the home page along with recent games. We can do that.
remove ads from every single time you login into a game make it a random time it does it its seriously annoying
Not going to happen unless you come up with a way to replace the amount of money it makes.
If it's that much of a problem, get a BYOND membership. I don't have a problem with the ads and I'm a member.
I play ads even though I'm a member, just for that extra bit of income they may get.
sell byond as a program?
They do, its called buying a membership and turning ads off.
For the next update, any of these would be nice. Hell, any response to any of them would make me absolutely giddy.

But how about a simple bug fix?
Would it be possible to have layers implemented into the byond icon editor, included with the same transparency background.
Cloud Magic wrote:
Why not focus on the software? BYOND's icon editor is fine how it is, and there are plenty of replacements for it. Let's think about optimizations that could be hard-coded in order to best speed up our games and squash lag from our servers.

The only thing that's really an issue with BYOND games isn't "the lag" or lack of speed - it's the graphics rendering.

It's a huge issue which leads to the apparent lag, and slowdown.

When things are constantly moving on the map, and there's a lot of things - it slows down and becomes less responsive. If you've ever played with my balls, then you know that after like level 5, the mouse becomes a unresponsive when there is a lot of balls.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
The only thing that's really an issue with BYOND games isn't "the lag" or lack of speed - it's the graphics rendering.

When things are constantly moving on the map, and there's a lot of things - it slows down and becomes less responsive. If you've ever played with my balls, then you know that after like level 5, the mouse becomes a unresponsive when there is a lot of balls.

oh my god i cant stop laughing at this
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:

I tried your game and didn't detect this problem, but I suppose it's machine-dependent. Could you make a version that starts at a high level with lots of particles moving? I will see where it's getting bogged down. I suspect it is due to garbage collection due to the object limit rather than the drawing itself, but we can likely change the way that works. I need a reliable way of seeing the issue though.
Page: 1 2 3