ID:1318465

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 22.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
This happens when I try to use the update button in the new pager. As you can see to the left of the pager, nothing BYOND-related is running besides dreamdeploy.exe.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Use the update button on the pager when there's an update.

Expected Results:
The pager should close and BYOND should update.

Actual Results:
The pager closes but the installer thinks the pager is still running.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Yes.

Workarounds:
Close BYOND then download and install the update manually.
Are you running the pager in an account that doesn't have administrator privileges by default? Has the normal hub update worked in the past?

We want to update this eventually to have the system run the installer.exe so that it does a proper install and requests permissions as needed; for now, it assumes that the program has the necessary permissions when doing the update.
I can actually confirm that this happens even on a computer where you're using an account with admin privileges by default. I only have the user account created in the initial set up of my computer, which should naturally be an admin, especially since I can do right click run as admin; yet I still experience this same issue.

I think I remember experiencing similar on my old vista computer a very long time ago, so I just kind of left it alone. Since this thread is here, though; I figured I'd try to help.
In response to Tom
I'm on an admin account, but I do not get a UAC alert asking for admin privilege when BYOND is doing its update through the pager. The regular installer asks for permission to install.

I just went to test this, but after installing several older versions of BYOND then updating again it no longer experiences the bug noted in my initial post. The pager is able to update without asking for admin privilege and it's not stalling on itself thinking the pager is open.
To be clear, do older versions work and the newer fails, or do all versions now work?
In response to Tom
Oh, I just figured it out. The pager install worked if I launched BYOND out of the normal installer with the little checkbox selected when the installation was finished. If I closed the pager, opened it again, then ran the in-pager installer I would get the error in my initial post.

Using the "run as admin" command on the pager fixed the error, causing in-pager installs to work just fine.