ID:1322274

I make art in real life, but pixel art always eluded me, so I'm a try and get some practice in. This is for a small project I'm participating in. C&C please.

First Draft

Second Draft

Looking really good Jittai. I never knew you could pixel, this looks pretty good.
I think my background in art is helping the transition, that and photoshop's layer system.
Try a deeper contrast between colors.
Upped, then lowered the contrast. Did a wizard, I wanted to try out hair and light sources with in the sprite, gave me some trouble. Tell me what you think.
I like the third one. The first is a bit washed out and the second is a little oversaturated, though either of them could work in the right overall graphical style. Love the wizards beard and the fire, but he does look a bit... pregnant?
Wow, thats pretty epic. Keep it up.
Thinned the Wizard out. Thanks for all the feed back. Hopefully I can pump it out faster, taking way too long, lol.
He looks like a ballerina.. I liked him the way he was before. Sweet pixel art by the way. Wish I could do this stuff.
Yeah, that might be a bit too thin. I think it was more of a shading thing than an outline issue.
Ok, updated lol.
I like it. The shadow under the beard helps give it a bit more depth and takes out some of the roundness of the belly. Nice :)
Thanks!
Much better.
The robes look kind of flat and smooth rather than flowing and rippling, if that makes any sense. Looks more like a flower petal than it does cloth.
Shaping is really good!
Did a knight but it's not really coming out how I 'd like.
Sorry for a late reply, not sure what you were going for with the mage, but this is a quick 5 minute messy edit to get you thinking of the natural flow of robes, clothes etc.

http://imageshack.us/f/824/wb75.png/

Also the dithering isn't needed as it does nothing to improve the piece. Just makes it more messy. And as UPD4T3 said, contrast is very important.
Yut Put wrote:
Too many colors. Not the best use of the medium.

I've never understood this, why are colours a bad thing?
Also to add to Yut Put, it's a small piece you're working on, and using too many colors will make it look messy and as Yut said, detract from the overall quality.
Page: 1 2