ID:132474

Are the updates byond has been having recently been un-published? I am in v475 and have not been prompted to update..
Pretty sure my pager updated me to 477. Haven't been notified about 478 yet, though it is on the main download page.
Pirion wrote:
Are the updates byond has been having recently been un-published? I am in v475 and have not been prompted to update..

Often we'll release a version to the website first before putting it up for the automated update notifications, in order to shake out potential issues before the majority of users start using it.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
If it were to be suggested, what would the possibility be to send it to people that "opt in" for un-published updates?

Thanks!
In response to Pirion
Pirion wrote:
If it were to be suggested, what would the possibility be to send it to people that "opt in" for un-published updates?

Basically none. People who want to keep on top of the latest updates even in the absence of a "mass" release can easily visit the developer forums to see the new version announcements. That's already an opt-in method that doesn't involve us adding anything new.

As I mentioned, the reason some updates don't show up on the pager is that for some releases we much prefer to let users who take an active interest in the developer forums get first crack at the release just in case there's any reason a mass upgrade could cause any serious issues. On a regular basis we still get complaints with practically every new version that upgrading caused the user's pager to stop working, because their firewall is configured incorrectly; but it's an easy issue for them to diagnose and fix if they think it through. People who visit the forums though are more connected and tend to be much better about reporting any issues they find. It just works out better for all involved if the early adopters are the kind of people who go out and look.

Lummox JR