ID:132558

I had a question and after looking for more information, I really can't find much more then, if someone signs up as a member, you get 5 bucks.

Well what I am talking about is the referral program, recently I added for commands and that for members to use in my game. Being I heard all these rumors and that about if you support members. Your game is advertised on the hub ads and you have other benefits. Which I figured is this money you get in the Byond Wallet.

Now moving past all what I have heard, which I am doubting a lot of it. What does making my game part of the referral program do for me? If there is a link of benefits or someone could give me some incite I would be glad to hear it.

Thanks, just being I had some people complain about the load screen before they logged in already, and I would like to help Byond and support membership. Just wondering how much my game being on the program helps if any?
http://www.byond.com/members/?command=referral

"You can help introduce new people to BYOND, and earn some rewards for doing it. When you use one of the buttons below to link to BYOND, people who visit through your link may decide to stay. You can even invite people to visit your favorite games directly, so if they like the look of a game's banner or icon, they can follow it to see what that game and BYOND are all about. And if they become BYOND members, you'll get a thanks from us for making our gaming family a little bit bigger. For every visitor you refer who becomes a member, you'll get a bonus of $5 in your BYOND Wallet.*"

AnthonyHawkina wrote:
What does making my game part of the referral program do for me? If there is a link of benefits or someone could give me some incite I would be glad to hear it.

http://www.byond.com/members/?command=referral

Basically the way it works is, when someone clicks on a link to become a member through your game (hub entry or login screen), you'll get the $5 signup bonus. Most smaller games won't make much from this but they do help out BYOND nonetheless, because the more member-benefits we provide (such as bypassing the login screen), the more people are likely to signup. A lot of our financial support just comes from people willing to help out like this, even if they don't make money in return.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
So is that it? Just the $5 if they click on the link. Being I already had an advertising setup for my game with out the referral program. More mean is there from internal benefits with it besides that?
In response to AnthonyHawkina
AnthonyHawkina wrote:
So is that it? Just the $5 if they click on the link. Being I already had an advertising setup for my game with out the referral program. More mean is there from internal benefits with it besides that?

If someone clicks on your link, and buys a membership you will be rewarded $5. If and only if, they buy a membership.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
O.k., I kind of got that. Mostly just seeing if that was all.