ID:1327496

Resolved
Editing the delay in an icon frame showed rounding errors in the edit box rather than a simplified number.
BYOND Version:499.1201
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 28.0.1500.72
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
The title explains it all.

Setting a frame delay in icon editor of dream maker to 0.8 will actually change it to 0.800000011920929
It's always been like that, I think.
When I change an icon's frame delay to any number (maybe 0.5) and I set that delay to the rest of frames, after reloading the icon the delay displayed is 0.5 and a lot of numbers.
For me, 0.5 stays 0.5.

At any rate, I think we can agree this isn't intended behavior.
dat single precision float?
It's a side effect of how computers typically represent non-integer values. 0.8 can't be precisely expressed as the sum of powers of two (in this case, negative powers: 0.5, 0.25, 0.125, 0.0625, etc.), so you get the nearest value that can.

If anything, the only problem is that it isn't being rounded to a reasonable precision before being displayed.
Is the delay actually being displayed as 0.800000011920929 somewhere, or is this just showing up in the file format? I agree we want to correct for rounding error.
The longer-changed delay is being displayed when you open the frame delay input box after setting it.

Open frame delay input
set to 0.8
Hit ok
Open frame delay input again
it will read 0.800000011920929
Also, the animation preview timing displayed in dream maker animation editor is different than it appears in game.
I am getting the issue as well when setting the delay to "0.[ANY NUMBER]" (Besides 0.5) then pressing edit delay again.

It shows the right delay in the editor itself, but once you click edit delay again, the dialog box to type in a new delay has the weird value in it.
I'm getting this problem a lot of times, and it's annoying..
I created some icons not too long ago, and every time I added a new frame, the delay would be 69875 even though I didn't even touch the frame delay on that icon, I don't really know what's going on, but it's a bit stressing when you have to change the delay every time you finish an icon and you want it's delay to be 1
I can't say I've seen the 69875 thing, although it's possible you got a bad setting for your default delay. Next time you change the delay on a frame to 1, make sure to check the box that says "Set as default delay for new frames"; I expect that will fix it.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Editing the delay in an icon frame showed rounding errors in the edit box rather than a simplified number.