ID:1337318

(See the best response by DarkCampainger.)
Problem description:

When I package my Project as World Executable Files, unless I manually include my Sounds folder (which then 'gives away' my music/sounds to anyone that downloads my game), the sounds aren't present in-game.

If I compile and run from Dream Maker, however, it works just fine.
Best response
Are you referencing the music with single-quotes or double-quotes? Assets referenced with single-quotes will be included in, and loaded from, the RSC. Files referenced with double-quotes will be loaded with file() from the file system, and won't be automatically packaged with the game unless you tell the packager to include them/their directory (but they won't be packed in the RSC).

It's worth noting that the RSC included with the host files doesn't offer your music any real protection. You can literally pull them out with a text editor (so long as it doesn't strip NULL characters). Only the RSC downloaded by clients has some minor encryption.

Really, it's not worth worrying about. Don't fall into that time/money sink. Worst case is that your music shows up in some other little BYOND game made by a kid, and I only see that happening if it's the Naruto theme-song or something.
Thanks man. It was double-quotes I was using; had no idea there was a difference! I'm sure it doesn't offer much protection at all, but even an ounce of protection stops the average joe-ripper on here.