ID:134267

This is about the client "Reconnecting" message (and function, of course) the client does when the world is rebooted.
First of all, it shouldn't be hard - but this feature needs to be fixed (probably just redone) - most of the time, I get the red "Reconnecting..." message, but I NEVER reconnect back (or maybe it takes really long) - but straight manually entering the same world address logs me on instantly. My guess is that the delay between reconnecting is too low and the world doesn't get fully started up when you attempt to connect with it, so it fails/hangs.

In addition, it'd be nice if there was a client/proc to issue the reconnection to an individual player without rebooting (with an optional argument to override the default time delay). I can come up with a few uses for it, I'm sure others would too (even if not, this would simply be nice to have. :P).

EDIT: A '.reconnect' command-line command for Dream Seeker (along with a Menu Bar item + hotkey for it, like .logout used to have (and shouldn't of been removed, BTW...)) should also be added, for the client to reconnect (relog) automatically, easily, at will (this could be added by the developer, but so can .logout - it should just be always in DS, regardless of game).
Usually if it fails to reconnect, it's a symptom of a failed hub certificate. These happen periodically. Are you behind a very restrictive firewall?
In response to Jtgibson
Jtgibson wrote:
Usually if it fails to reconnect, it's a symptom of a failed hub certificate. These happen periodically.

Network crap, lag etc must tie in, but this happens too frequently.
Also, this shouldn't be the problem - as I said, when I get the "Rebooting..." message, normally I "would" wait forever, but if I input the same world address to the DS command line and hit enter, I'm INSTANTLY logged in. So I gather maybe the Reconnecting... attempts to reconnect too soon, before the remote world is fully started up and rehosting.

Are you behind a very restrictive firewall?
Nope.
Thank you, but I'm not dumb. :D jk
Also, DreamSeeker is allowed in the firewall, hence I'm actually able to log in to the world before world.Reboot() is ran.

...And you haven't commented on the actual suggestion. :P
on rare occasions I do reconnect to a game after it reboots.. but most of the time I have the same problem as Kaioken.. It's a bit annoying, but It's not as annoying as the bug that I get when I 'log in' but have to logout and back in to actually open any games.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
...And you haven't commented on the actual suggestion. :P

I don't have to if I don't want to. I have no useful input to add. ;-)
In response to Jtgibson
Jtgibson wrote:
I don't have to if I don't want to. I have no useful input to add. ;-)

Of course you don't have to, but are you not replying because you don't have something negative to say about it, by chance? >_>
Like, if you have nothing against an idea and can see it's usefulness, you can at least toss around a little "good idea" or something. >.>
In response to Kaioken
Of course you don't have to, but are you not replying because you don't have something negative to say about it, by chance? >_>

Uh, no. While I don't particularly like you, I have nothing against your ideas. =P