ID:134777

This isn't a suggestion of how to advertise or anything. I just wish you would advertise more. I only found BYOND by a freak coincidence. I looked through 30 pages of downloadable games on google. Yes, that's right. It took me over an hour and a half, but I was rewarded.

I had never heard of BYOND or anything to do with BYOND before then... so imagine how many hundreds/thousands would like BYOND if they played? There may be more members in them.(Pretty bloody likely)

I'm just saying you shouldn't let this go to waste. Wouldn't it be nice to join the hub and see "17829 players live!" or something?(If your servers could hold that =P)
Well, it's been said many times already, but here goes again:

The problem barring them from advertising BYOND to the masses has been that BYOND isn't financially self-supporting... They are working to correct that, but until they have everything in place, tested and proven to be feasible, they would be severely hurt by a massive influx of new users...

Basically, every BYOND user costs them a chunk of money... Too many users, and it will cost them too much money...

So, until they get to the point where BYOND makes enough money to support more users, they can't start bringing them in...
If we got Slashdot'd, BYOND might just go up in smoke. We aren't ready for a huge flood of new users. Don't have the staff, the hardware, or the product. When and if 4.0 ever is released, BYOND may take a new direction towards an eventually larger user base.
In response to PirateHead
not to mention that Slashdot often reviews (or copies a review) from a negative perspective ('too many crappy ripped DBZ games!' for example) that would hurt more than help.

as mentioned, let's support Dan/Tom in getting 3.5 Final or 4.0 out-the-door, and then maybe they will feel like opening the floodgates to new blood.
In response to digitalmouse
The best advertisment would probably be a really excellent game. If BYOND had a real killer game with some money backing it and a dedicted staff, it would draw people not only to the game but to BYOND as a side-effect.