ID:1359528

This Series intrigues me, and i am very impressed with the fluid combat and motion, although it's art style is not what i nominally look for, It's probably not what an anime fan like myself would call anime, I watched all 4 trailers on youtube prior to the episodes and i was pulled in by the combat and sound tracks, and i really like the characters and their awkward voices.

From Monto Oum creator of dead fantasy series, and Produced by Rooster teeth, very well known on youtube.. they bring you a very odd series :O, with impressive action, some awkward original-enlgish voice actors.

The main characters have names tied to colours and also spell out the anime's name:
Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang = RWBY = red/white/black/yellow

Ruby

Yang

These are 2 my fav of the 4 trailers, It's very borderline anime, but whatever it is i like it quite a bit.

A lot of people have been loving this, so I watched all the episodes so far. But it looks kind of cheap to me, with pretty bad voice acting.
Yeah it is cheaply made or at least they don't have usual budget an anime production would, I'm probably supporting it because it's a company that started off doing youtube vids, and have now managed to create their own anime styled series.

I like the characters and fighting and where the story is going and the general unique-ness of it.
but yeah no one can argue about the voice acting being awkward/bad, though i just love yangs voice for some reason lol.
Was this a Kickstarter project or anything?

There was a series that was on Kickstarter a while ago, but it only made 40k out of the needed 60k, so it didn't get funded. It looked like it had potential, though.

(meanwhile, a comic book creator Kickstarted for 39k to fund his project, and got 340k...)
Well, the voices are in fact laaame and ugly, but the rest of things are kinda great and I'm surprised a small team has been able to make it, it's impressive and I wish they go far, it's something new and I like it o-o
2.2/10
its pretty good only thing i don't like is the length of the episodes. it should be longer, but it is made base on the fact they had mostly a youtube community fan base.
Meh~ It's Monty Oum what'd you expect. Okay enough.
They've tried to type it as much as possible(Rooster Teeth), but I find the story rather dull and lacking. I stopped watching after episode three, which I only watched from the lack of other content I was interested in.