ID:136239

Excuse myself if this is the wrong board, since I didn't think any of the others really fit. May I suggest adding faster frame rates? But, if you decide to do this, instead of switching the added ones around making the fastest of the added frame rates 1, you could put it in the minus integers such as -1, -2 and so on. -1 being the slowest of the minus integers. ie.: say if you were to keep clicking the down button on the frame rate, and say it started at 5, it would go like this: 4, 3, 2, 1, -1, -2, -3.. and so on. But if it's not possible to add faster frame rates due to peoples' computers not being able to handle it, or bandwidth problems, it's not really necessary I suppose.. not that it was in the first place, just a simple idea.

-Apocalypse
I dont think its possible to have a negative frame rate good sir. Frame rate is frames per second, and you cant have negative frames shown, simply, only 0 or higher.
In response to Jotdaniel
What I mean is have it just uh.. labeled as minus integers, not actually negative itself.

-Apocalypse
In response to ApocalypseAp
I think maybe he means, start at the default, plus a few or minus a few extra frames a second.
Afraid this is probably not going to happen, as the frame rate changes little in dm.
How about instead have 1 2 3 4 etc and .1 .01 .001 etc instead of -1 -2 -3 -4 etc?
In response to Kunark
Or it could be 0.9, 0.8, 0.7 and so on 'til 0.1.

-Apocalypse
Or maybe we could do away with Ticks and use milliseconds instead. It'd make us all have to change our code, but it would solve this problem (and probably many others).
In response to Ghaleon
Ghaleon wrote:
Or maybe we could do away with Ticks and use milliseconds instead. It'd make us all have to change our code, but it would solve this problem (and probably many others).

Unfortunately, ticks are used for server updates -- by dropping those to milliseconds, BYOND would be slower than molasses in January.