ID:136413

If a user already has the resources in their cache from a previous login to my world (ie. they just got disconnected and are returning), will the browse_rsc call force them to download these resources again? If so, is there some way I can explicitly check their cache to see if they need the resources? (I'm guessing not, as this seems somewhat invasive to their computer)
Dramstud wrote:
If a user already has the resources in their cache from a previous login to my world (ie. they just got disconnected and are returning), will the browse_rsc call force them to download these resources again? If so, is there some way I can explicitly check their cache to see if they need the resources? (I'm guessing not, as this seems somewhat invasive to their computer)

I believe this will check whether the resource has been updated or not, not unlike how a browser works. I'm not totally clear on this however.

Lummox JR
Dramstud wrote:

You can safely call browse_rsc() multiple times (over multiple sessions) without worrying about redundant transfers.