ID:137073

I wanted to make a sports game, with a 60x20 field. With small icon display, there should be enough room in DS to show the whole field, but it appears that there's a view size maximum of 21x21 in DM regardless of icon size. I was curious if anyone else has asked to increase this, or if this is a feature that is already planned for a future release?
dramstud wrote:
I wanted to make a sports game, with a 60x20 field. With small icon display, there should be enough room in DS to show the whole field, but it appears that there's a view size maximum of 21x21 in DM regardless of icon size. I was curious if anyone else has asked to increase this, or if this is a feature that is already planned for a future release?

There is no reason why we can't increase this limit in the future. It won't happen in this release though, because we absolutely have to get it stabilized as soon as possible.

--Dan
In response to Dan
Dan wrote:
dramstud wrote:

There is no reason why we can't increase this limit in the future. It won't happen in this release though, because we absolutely have to get it stabilized as soon as possible.

--Dan
sounds good... I suspect this game will take me awhile anyway, especially if I manage to get a job sometime soon! ;)
In response to Dramstud
Don't think of it within the Nazi-like restriction of 21x21 tiles... think of it as an abundant 672x672 pixels, a larger game area than some people have monitor resolutions!