I'm on Windows 7, and it was there for me. Do a file search for VirtualStore and see if its hiding somewhere?
In response to CyberGhost
CyberGhost wrote:
SuperAntx wrote:
I made...a spirit bomb.

get rekt

How do i make it if it bumps it does damage?

here we go
I spent most of my time fooling around with a matrix-based pixel movement system, as well as an inputhandler/objectpool library. Took a bit of time to put this together, though:

In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I spent most of my time fooling around with a matrix-based pixel movement system, as well as an inputhandler/objectpool library. Took a bit of time to put this together, though:

That's pretty cool. Looks good.
Got the graphics from here:

http://www.lostgarden.com/2005/03/ download-complete-set-of-sweet-8-bit.html

Except for the starfield, I made that.

I'm impressed by the CPU usage, though. I made my own pixel movement system for this, using matrixes to do true 360-degree movement (My demo only utilizes it for the bullets right now).

As you can see, nothing even comes close to touching my CPU usage after ~60 seconds of constant movement and firing, it's staying pretty stable around 0%.
I think your pewpew needs to be bigger. It's kind of hard to see atm. Sexy work though :)
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
I think your pewpew needs to be bigger. It's kind of hard to see atm. Sexy work though :)

There are four sizes of pewpew. That's just the smallest.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

SO tempted to say something sophomoric like, "That's what she said."

But I won't... ;)
I'm super excited to see what everyone's doing with these new features. Really cool stuff you guys have going on there.
well I've managed to get rotating 2d projection onto an isometric plane working in code.

Also, is animate()'s "time" var supposed to work with FPS? For me it always plays relevant to an FPS of 10. That is a time of 10 seems to take one second no matter the FPS.
In response to Bravo1
Time-based things like sleep and spawn go by 1/10 seconds, pretty much regardless of FPS.

It says this in animate()'s reference entry, as well as sleep's and spawn's.
That's fine, the issue is that even with 40 fps (effective tick_lag of 0.25) if I set the time to 1 tick the animation completes instantly instead of moving through 4 (total) steps.
In response to Bravo1
1 tick will always be instant. 1 tick is 1 * world.tick_lag.

However, using 1 as the time will be 1 * 1/10th of a second. At 40 fps you should be able to notice it, but 1/10th of a second is still pretty fast.
Ah, I see now, so it's always based in 1/10th seconds rather than ticks.... how come not ticks though?
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Ah, I see now, so it's always based in 1/10th seconds rather than ticks.... how come not ticks though?

Purely for consistency with sleep/spawn and other time routines.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

would there happen to be any way to force it to update more frequently instead of one animation frame per tick? It works great but the animations are fairly choppy.

I don't mind using a while() loop for faster animations, I'm just wondering if it's possible =P
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

would there happen to be any way to force it to update more frequently instead of one animation frame per tick? It works great but the animations are fairly choppy.

I don't mind using a while() loop for faster animations, I'm just wondering if it's possible =P

Use a floating point value less than 1 in the animation time. Provided your FPS is higher than the default, it should be fine.

world.FPS/world.tick_lag should be the basis of all visual effects in your project.
Is that some top of the line Tyrian ship graphics I see?
In response to Bravo1
You can't have animations faster than the game's framerate.
A while loop wouldn't work any faster than that either.
Just like in sleep and spawn, use world.tick_lag for the shortest possible delay.

Just increase the frame rate.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
You can't have animations faster than the game's framerate.
A while loop wouldn't work any faster than that either.
Just like in sleep and spawn, use world.tick_lag for the shortest possible delay.

Just increase the frame rate.

The issue is that animate() is always at 10 FPS. Regardless of world tick_lag or world FPS.

If you use a while() loop, you could update transforms at the speed of world.tick_lag.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19