ID:140315

Code:
    Name
icon='button.dmi'
density=1
Click()
name=input("Please create a name for your character. (Remember this is an RP game!! So Name your character what you would name your child!!)") as text
if(name=="")
return
usr.name=html_encode(name)

Problem description:
No matter what I do to this piece of coding, or anyone similar to it, it does not seem to want to work. Anybody have any ideas on why? Does something look wrong? Thanks in advance!
Most likely you've overridden client/Click() somewhere.

Also, you should declare a local variable instead of using the name of the button itself. So, var/name at the start of Click(), there.
In response to Garthor
Thank you for your response, Garthor. I've checked time and time again, and no, I have not overwritten the client/Click() anywhere.
In response to Xorbah
The other alternative is that you are never actually clicking the button. Most likely this is because it is being obscured by something else. Setting its layer to something large (like, 100) should bring it to the front.

Alternatively, it might not have any icon at all, but because you have one specified there I doubt that.
Xorbah wrote:
Code:
>   Name
> icon='button.dmi'
> density=1
> Click()
> var/cname=input(usr,"Please create a name for your character. (Remember this is an RP game!! So Name your character what you would name your child!!)") as text
> if(cname)
> usr.name=html_encode(cname)
>
In response to Garthor
The icon is blank, and i'll try the layer technique. Thanks!
In response to Garthor
The layer solution worked. Thank you very much.