ID:140563

Code:
turf/join
Click()
usr.loc=locate(23,5,2)

Problem description:
I don't see anything wrong with this piece of coding so why doesn't it work. When i click the turf nothing happens and no errors are presented.

Does it work if you set world.map_format to TILED_ICON_MAP?
Have you overridden client/Click()?

NightSparta wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with this piece of coding

I do. Usual, regular moves, should never be done only by modifying the location-related vars (loc, x,y,z, contents) directly. Instead, you should use Move(), or when the situation calls for it, a different proc that imitates Move() - i.e., makes sure the movement system is rendered aware of the move taking place and isn't rendered partly broken by being left in the dark.
A movement like what you have there is most likely intended to never be able to fail. In that case, you'll want to use a proc that sets the loc and properly calls Exited() and Entered() on the relevant locations and areas, to notify them of the movement.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
Does it work if you set world.map_format to TILED_ICON_MAP?
Have you overridden client/Click()?
I have tried that Map_format and still have the same error. This problem is driving me crazy, i have been staring at it for hours and cant find any possible solution.
In response to NightSparta
Is there turf actually there? Are you actually clicking on it? IE:

client
Click(object,location,control,params)
world << object
..()
look if u used Click anywhere before and u didint call the parent ..().

In response to Agrey123
Nope this is the only place where i actually use the Click()
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
Is there turf actually there? Are you actually clicking on it? IE:

client
> Click(object,location,control,params)
> world << object
> ..()

obj/join
Click(join)
usr.loc=locate(25,5,2)
usr<<"<center><b><font face=tahoma><font colo=yellow>Welcome to Dragonball Rise Of Sayans.<br><br><font size=1>Under Contruction!"

Yes i believe so.
I was suggesting you use my snippet of code to verify that the turf was actually there, rather than the alternative of a different turf being there, or the click getting blocked by some other object. This would be accomplished by inserting my snippet of code into your source file, compiling, clicking where you think the turf should be, and comparing the output to what you would expect (with your expected value being the join turf).
In response to Garthor
Yes the word join appears on the screen
In that case, the only possibility is that you have overridden client/Click() somewhere without calling the parent with ..().

Well, unless you have something else called "join", I guess. But that'd just be silly.
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
In that case, the only possibility is that you have overridden client/Click() somewhere without calling the parent with ..().

WOW i could i have done that when i don't even know how to do it.I did not have this problem before when Click was calling my Character Creation procedure.I have also downloaded some rsc from the library and the click there is exactly identical to one i have but mines does not work.
I guess it's also possible that you have another turf/join/Click() somewhere, though I could've sworn that was already brought up (but apparently not).

Regardless, either it is one of these two issues or you are not describing your problem correctly. You can easily control-F to find any instances of Click( in your code to find out.

It may also be an issue in a library you are using. There are, after all, a lot of really bad ones. Listing any that you may be using would be helpful.

Also: if you want help, don't be an ass.
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:

Also: if you want help, don't be an ass.

I apologize for my attitude this things is really driving me nuts. I have tried searching for all Click and only found them in my character handling dm.The only library i am using is an HTML Lib but thats not checked into the game so it has no effect.

client
Click(join)
world << "join"
..()
obj/join
Click(join)
usr.loc=locate(25,5,2)
usr<<"<center><b><font face=tahoma><font colo=yellow>Welcome to Dragonball Rise Of Sayans.<br><br><font size=1>Under Contruction!"

There are 2 more clicks in the HTML dm.

else if(fv.interface == PROMPT && !fv.clickproc)
world.log << "Error: [type]/var/[fv.name] needs a Click() proc or an input type."
else if(fv.interface == BUTTON && !fv.clickproc)
world.log << "Error: [type]/var/[fv.name] needs a Click() proc."
Oh, I see. You described your problem incorrectly. The snippet I posted in [link] was this:

client
Click(object,location,control,params)
world << object
..()

What you have replaced the line "world << object" with "world << "join"", removing any and all potential information from this proc.

I suggest you change it to be exactly what I wrote and try clicking on the object again, and then telling me what is output.
In response to Garthor
It says Loading Screen which is the name of my title, so basically this snippet is telling me everything i click on. Then this should tell me where my join is, but i cant find it anywhere on the screen.
You placed a background over your button. Therefore, you cannot click on the button. You need to set the button's mouse_opacity to 2, and ensure the layer is higher than that of the background. Note that if the button and the background are both a turf, you can only have one of them at any particular location. However, you apparently changed it to an obj last I checked so that's not an issue.
had the same problem..

i fixed mine by setting it to a test .dmi file and make it high opacity so you cannot see it. then set its layers higher then the turf underneth it(if their is one) then it will work