ID:1420384

I have been gone for 2 months, what have I missed?

I was around for the big update with animate() and matrices, but I'm wondering what has happened since then?

Thanks for anyone who takes time / care to compile together a list of updates for this post, considering it is fairly difficult and time consuming to put it altogether at this moment.

I am currently in a big long 6 month work stint which when I come out of, I will be very very set financially! During this time, I don't have much spare time to keep up with the progress of BYOND's development.

And anyone following me / my game I'm working on, don't worry. I am still approving / directing art and compositions at this time!
Well your last post, aside from this and comments, leads back to October 12th so I'll try to inform you in as much as possible even though I haven't been keeping myself too up-to-date with BYOND matters.

Five featured requests have been resolved, although one of them was already added long ago without official statement. Link

Four bug reports were resolved, only one of which was a bug on BYONDs part ( or so I'd imagine, since it's the only one to be given a BYOND build ). Link

We've had four contests since after your last post.
  • Manacept by The Magic Man started a contest to promote their release. Link
  • Xirre decided to have a "contest" to pay developers an undecided amount of money to develop games. Link
  • Ralf1324 made a contest for his game, the prize being a 3 month membership, although it ended within an eight hour period. Link
  • Suicide Shifter made a raffle contest that ended yesterday. The prize was a 20-inch LCD Monitor. Link

The BYOND 500 contest results were posted as well. Link

We had a post regarding how to market BYOND. It turned into the same argument as usual and ended up getting locked. We can't have nice things here. Link

Teka donated over $9000 on his Teka123 key. I think we all know he's donated a lot more as anonymous or under other keys. Link ( look on the right )

Ter13 became a moderator. I don't have a link for that event, but he's doing a decent job.

Regarding games by our developers:

Regarding Art & Sound:
  • Boxcar released some free resources recently. Link
  • MDC released BYOND logos, some of which he made from scratch. Link

Probably a lot things I've missed, including information about myself, but I thought that should be more than enough information to soak in.
Nothing relevant.
There's the new blend_mode feature which is pretty neat.
Well, we've had 2 discussions about how to help BYOND, 3 discussions about what the BYOND staff is doing wrong, and 1 discussion about the process in which elements are made within active and dying stars.
Whelp... I hate to do this folks, but the party bus has arrived. This is the first time I've done this:

Mod note:

Please, for the love of all that is unholy, can we have a single thread without a massive off-topic argument about how to successfully market BYOND cropping up?

Keep it on topic please.
In response to Ter13
Sorry about that, I just hate it when people try to talk about things they don't know much about.

Lige wrote:
Suicide Shifter made a raffle contest that ended yesterday. The prize was a 20-inch LCD Monitor. Link

The winner was your's truly.

I would also like to note that I bought the iconic "BYONDmail.com" domain, and am offering free email accounts on it. Look for a suite of products by myself in the next few months. ;)