Misuterii High

by MetaFrosty
Misuterii High
Who will remain when the clock hits 6AM?
In response to AquanMagis
AquanMagis wrote:
The day someone actually comes into the comments section to compliment someone is the day the Earth stops spinning around the sun, so I didn't think it was necessary to mention.

This said, server-specific matters should not be placed in a section meant to feature general game commentary.

Oh my, you're right! 90% of the comments are complaints. I'm surprised you used that as an argument.

More specifically, complaints about various server hosts/minihosts over this game's lifespan.

It seems it'll only be a matter of time before people realize what's going on.

When a super-majority of your comments are negative, it's time to rethink things. Corruption that happens on one server reflects the game as a whole.
..the person spilling ketchup was Bloody, who was upset Litigated wasn't played. They've done it before; They run around being as disruptive as possible and excuse it with 'I'm not actually touching you'.

The complaints related to my server, in particular, is because I actually have rules and enforce them. Basically, the complaints are that people can't do what you're complaining about, yet you're using it as an example that clearly the whole game is like what you are complaining about. Kind of backwards, don't you think?

To say people coming onto a public forum and complaining is a sign of EEEEVIL shows a distinct lack of knowledge of the internet. I'd think someone who is so disturbingly proud of having an awful dead meme related name would be well aware of how the internet works.

It's honestly rather funny. My server has only two rules, yet now it's the 'strict' server. Yet there used to be servers with twenty plus rules. As for the game being big enough, the community is actually large enough to support three servers, easily. The thing is that people generally don't bother to spread out, as the community is rather tight-knit. It's a serious problem, and one that Frosty isn't very fond of. People will sit there and complain that they can't play when there's multiple empty servers, or, like you, complain about the situation on one server without just going to another one or making their own.

AquanMagis wrote:
The day someone actually comes into the comments section to compliment someone is the day the Earth stops spinning around the sun, so I didn't think it was necessary to mention.

This said, server-specific matters should not be placed in a section meant to feature general game commentary.

Bom is great. 10/10, one of the best players around. Fue is also great. 10.5/10, would vote as best all around player period.
Huh. Looking back over the comments, it appears the Earth stopped spinning around the sun on November 12. I wonder where we are now.

And no, I was not using that as an argument. It was a statement of fact. People in general rarely visit a comment board unless they feel a particular need to do so. People will rarely go out of their way to compliment something, particularly when it is far easier to do so in-game, to a receptive audience. They are more likely to go out of their way to complain on the hub for a complaint.

In any case, if you would be so kind to read the hub commentary, you will notice that the number of people complaining about server moderation is a comparatively low number to that of the total playerbase. They did not even make up a significant bulk of the people posting in the comments. That award goes to the list of people who were complaining about the complainers.

Now, I fear this argument is drawing out considerably longer than an argument between rational people should. As such, I will give you the solutions to all of your problems.

If you believe that a minihost has made an incorrect ruling, please contact the host of the server. Contrary to popular belief, the minihosts of a given server may not be absolutely perfect. They are liable to make mistakes from time to time, or be unaware of the host's intentions for the rules they write.

If you believe that a minihost is corrupt, please save evidence of such and alert the host of the server. Since minihosts are a per-server concept, they are easily removed by the host, who has real power over the server.

If you believe a host or server to be corrupt, or simply not run in a fashion you like, please feel free to jump on a server that is more to your tastes. You may also feel free to open one of your own, to craft it into the perfect dream murder utopia that you have always envisioned. If the problem is as bad as you make it out to be, people are sure to follow.

If you will be kind enough to note, none of the above solutions include "Create an argument in the comments section that lasts for three days."

Finally, if you have commentary on the nature of the game itself, be it mechanics, or the fact that you have to download the zip to actually get it to work, or you want there to be only one server, where Frosty and Kamuna reign supreme, or the fact that you do not like the color of the window when it pops up, then the comments section may be the appropriate place. For bugs, the forums and helpdesk are, by far, the superior options, but other than that this is the sort of thing a commentary section is useful for.
In response to AquanMagis
That's... funny, because, the comments for Dragon Universe, a game much more popular than this one, also has negative comments(as one would expect..) but they do not focus on server corruption.

Rather, they focus on players hacking, game mechanics, certain players, and hosting. Very different from the comment section of this game(which I already went through).

Same goes for Sigrogana Legends 1 & 2, Phoenix Sundered Earth, oh, and Mitadake High. Funny how that works, huh?

I find it funny how you're trying to moderate yourself. Yes, I realize you think what you're doing is perfectly fine. Establishing punishment rounds because you didn't get the role you want/other players ended the round sounds great in your head.

I get that protecting your friends is perfect and well because the higher ups will protect you. But in the real world, that is never going to work. ..Unless of course you work for the government.

You are, by all accounts, foolish, for everything you do, and have done.
i want to butt in here, sorry about this --

if you don't know who i am, i was a popular host on mitadake high from 2008-2011, or something like that. i hosted a server with Itomi Ziryu. we are both web developers and game programmers, and this key will be kind of relevant in a few minutes. i played misuterii high for about an hour a few weeks ago, and what i saw was truly.. sickening, i guess.

i don't really care that admins/hosts/etc on misuterii high may be corrupt or whatnot -- so they were on mitadake high as well.

i don't really care that hosts and byond developers are neglecting to see the dangers of their coding actions -- most of them are young developers, they will learn through experience.

what i do care about, is plagiarism. stealing code and passing it off as your own. nowhere on the hub does it give credit to mitadake high for its code. nowhere on mitadake high's hub does it say the code is open source(although i'm sure neus does not care at this point -- that is irrelevant).

even -if- neus had given you the source to use, there is no indication to the players that you are using it, and you are completely passing it off as your own right now.

looking through the src icon files, we can see very familiar images, straight from mitadake high.

i.imgur.com/IhU3ivj.png

these were not used in misuterii high, meaning the mitadake high code/resources(or a mixture with pryce high) was used as a base and then changed slightly. this change only included adding a few objects, a few modes, and changing the directions to 8(something dream maker now does by default).

that's really all i have to say on the matter.
gee you mean the map labelled MITADAKE HIGH has

images

from the mitadake high map?????

whoa man

..also the one ADVERTISEMENT is not even remotely something you can try to claim for Mitadake. That would be actual theft.

As for the code, it's not shared at all. You should perhaps spend more than three seconds looking at the game. As already said, those images are from the mitadake high map, which is inaccurate anyway. It's missing most of the images, some of the desks aren't sitting right, there's at least one missing vent exit..
Aiman Cotter wrote:
meaning the mitadake high code/resources(or a mixture with pryce high) was used as a base
This is brazenly false.
All of the code is completely original besides a few code resources from the resources section. There's nothing more to say about that than you're wrong.
As for those icons, they actually are used, in the alternate map which is a recreation of Mitadake High's map.
Dev has been properly credited in the credits also. I'm not passing off anything he did as my own.

For what it's worth, I am aware that you have access to Itomi's account so don't try to pull the wool over my eyes with that.
In response to MetaFrosty
MetaFrosty wrote:
Aiman Cotter wrote:
meaning the mitadake high code/resources(or a mixture with pryce high) was used as a base
This is brazenly false.
All of the code is completely original besides a few code resources from the resources section. There's nothing more to say about that than you're wrong.
As for those icons, they actually are used, in the alternate map which is a recreation of Mitadake High's map.
Dev has been properly credited in the credits also. I'm not passing off anything he did as my own.

For what it's worth, I am aware that you have access to Itomi's account so don't try to pull the wool over my eyes with that.

i have, full access to his account. i don't see where i was trying to trick you with that?

either way: this game uses code completely from mitadake high. my guess is it was passed to the owner of pryce high, masterbraska, edited, and then passed around.

you got a hold of it and changed it a bit. your lying can only take you so far. there is a good reason pryce high failed, and there is a good reason misuterii high will fail as well.

it is very easy to alter obvious things in your favor to trick the eyes of many.
In response to Airman Cotter
Airman Cotter wrote:
what i do care about, is plagiarism. stealing code and passing it off as your own.

Here's the important question.

Why would someone who can code THEIR OWN coding language, (Mystery Script, what we use to make Custom Modes) steal basic coding? Let's not kid ourselves here, Misuterii High on its own doesn't really require all that much coding-wise. Neither did Mitadake.

You should know that, if you're a coder.

The images you posted were taken from Mitadake to be used in the Mitadake map. So, yeah, of course they're from Mitadake. Uh, yeah, big duh.

Oh, and almost all of the Mitadake icons were never Mitadake's in the first place, but let's not go there.

The coding is all original, besides the resources from the library. Let's make that clear now.

Try playing longer than an hour, maybe you won't make the same mistaken statements. Or, you know, talking a little with the coder over pager before accusing them of something far below their abilities.

Let's end this on a happy note.

I recommend playing a mode created by AquanMagis. I particularly enjoy the Project modes, which include robots. It's a lot of fun and a really fresh take on a mode idea.

But don't play with Ibuki, they're a huge nerd.

Airman Cotter wrote:
i have, full access to his account. i don't see where i was trying to trick you with that?

either way: this game uses code completely from mitadake high. my guess is it was passed to the owner of pryce high, masterbraska, edited, and then passed around.

You posted a comment on the Mitadake hub which was near identical to the one posted earlier on this hub. I spoke with Itomi on his server and he said that you were the one who posted it, and removed it.

And this is not true. I would ask you to present evidence to prove the code is stolen, but there is no point because no such evidence exists as your claim is false.
As Veemon says, if Mystery Script could be created from the ground up, why would we need to steal existing code to create the game?
To even suggest that is a huge insult to Kamuna's hard work.
"Kamuna's hard work"?

unless im mistaken and he's just linking to the wrong page twice -

this is Kamuna's website: teambatfox_dashproductions.webs.com

and this is his blog: http://dashpro.wordpress.com/

a very simple wordpress blog, with a very simple hosted .webs site.

Kamuna does not seem like the type of person to put much work into anything.

mystery script is not impressive in the least. i do not code in DM any longer, but looking at it for five minutes, i can tell it's just a long list of verbs a scripter can manipulate to create their own mode. the fact that you just used that as an edge is downright insulting to coders everywhere, AFTER the fact that you plagiarized an entire game. i would not be so harsh if that were not a fact.

yes, i can make my own coding language within C as well. does that make me -not- a thief? no i am not a thief because i do not steal things.

the fact that Kamuna has made a "language"(calling it that, again, is an insult) within DM, does not change the fact that he is a thief.
I think we can all agree the real question here is, who pissed in your cereal?

This is some grade A personal vendetta stuff, using misuterii as nothing more than a prop for it. If you had any actual issues with something like 'plagiarism', you'd go to BYOND about it. Not try to use it to make yourself look good on a page literally six people will read, ever.
Airman Cotter wrote:
no i am not a thief because i do not steal things.

And neither did Kamuna. End of.
In response to MetaFrosty
MetaFrosty wrote:
Airman Cotter wrote:

we will see in the year to come, or perhaps i will not care by then.

however, all evidence points to thievery. icons not used on the pryce high map recreation in the resources, the laziness of the programmmer with his website, and the fact that you only began to get so up-in-arms yourself when this was brought to light.

hopefully as you grow up, you'll see how foolish doing this actually was, and you'll have learned a lesson.
Airman Cotter wrote:
MetaFrosty wrote:
Airman Cotter wrote:

however, all evidence points to thievery. icons not used on the pryce high map recreation in the resources, the laziness of the programmmer with his website, and the fact that you only began to get so up-in-arms yourself when this was brought to light.

hopefully as you grow up, you'll see how foolish doing this actually was, and you'll have learned a lesson.

Most people get pretty offensive when you call them thieves.

Still, this is some of the pettiest stuff I've seen. Couldn't find another way to stroke your ego?
Just leave em' alone. Whatever happens to them happens to them.
Alright, that's enough. I'm open to criticism and don't typically delete comments even when they're negative, but there is no point in letting this continue any further so I'm banning you from the hub comments.
All you're doing is repeatedly making baseless false claims and if there so existed any legitimate evidence then you would have posted it already. But as I said, it doesn't exist.
Airman Cotter wrote:
MetaFrosty wrote:
Airman Cotter wrote:

Hmm...
All the stuff you linked is very old... I was in elementary-middle school when I created those. So let's run this down, shall we?

10+ years of programming...
Systems Administrator and Lead Programmer job at Champlain College...
Skipped the beginner programming courses at college...
Majoring in Game Programming...
https://www.youtube.com/user/teambatfox (Lots of old stuff on there too that's been updated, but still, just have a look at the semi-new things. Specifically the portfolio that I USED to help me get into COLLEGE.)
Proficient in: C++, C#, Lite-C, Ruby (and Ruby on Rails), Java, Javascript, Python, HTML, DML, and starting Perl and LISP...

And you're saying I can't program in a simple language like DML by myself? I mean, have you even TRIED the game? I'm not in charge of the art, so don't even use that as an excuse. To say that without true evidence, that's sickening. Do you even KNOW what programming is? PIXEL ART is not PROGRAMMING, okay? I just use what is given to me in assets. I'm not an artist either, so to work on at least SOME art on my own (because I do have my own projects that aren't fan games) is more than enough to prove that I actually take pride in my work. Sure, Misuterii is not top priority, as it is a fan game and relatively complete as compared to my other projects, and I'm busy with my JOB and other projects, as well as LIFE, but that doesn't give you the right to bash all the work I've done for this project, which is about 99% of it, programming-wise, and have given credit for the rest of the programming in both my code and the credits page on the game guide. So please, take a seat, relax, and enjoy the game, or just leave. Simple as that.

To think I take a break and come back to this? How shameful.
On a happier note, happy first birthday to Misuterii High!
Oh really? Happy Birthday Misuterii High!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14