ID:1444463

I'm looking around and pretty much every reputable site I see has at least some sort of Company/About page linked in their main navigation.

The landing page does some to explain the software, but it still leaves its developers and development history a complete mystery. There's also no information about what sort of license BYOND is released under or any information about ads and Membership. It might be worth the effort to fill it out a little more.
No way to upvote but I agree. Hope this gets some attention.
I'd definitely love to see an update to that page. While doing this, it would be nice if the image with all the games in it got an update to show games that are popular or good representations of BYOND now, too. It could show NEStalgia, Eternia, Alchemist, etc.
I agree; there are some quality and very presentable original games to display in that image that would probably do the site better service. I also agree with Antx that newcomers don't have a whole lot to work off of as far as information about the site and software is concerned.

That misleading half-quote by Richard Bartle is still there, too.
I think us as a community could help the developers out by writing a new one for them and allow them to tweak it, instead of complaining about them to update it when they are more worried about the behind the scenes anyway.
In response to FIREking
It's not really the community's job to fill out company and licensing information.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
It's not really the community's job to fill out company and licensing information.

I agree that Byond should have a license written out, but it's up to them, they're the ones that would get the backlash if anyone wanted to take serious action from something.
Pardon me for not reading further into your post, I was not aware you were discussing licensing information. That would most definitely fall under the developer / creator / owner category.
The BYOND 101 and whitepaper articles give some background information. They're listed fairly-predominantly when you click on the "Developer" link on the start page, although for whatever reason my eyes always seem to gloss over them.