ID:148696

I'm hoping there's a built in function for this that I just glazed over...

Consider the following output:

Final scores:
fffffff: 10
TTTTTTT: 9
Dramstud: 5
lllllll: 5

In the forum display, the letters are equally spaced, so this works fine. However, in the dreamseeker text window, the "fffffff" and "lllllll" are much shorter than "TTTTTTT", so the number requires an extra \t to line up properly. I was checking length(name) and putting in the extra tab for short names ( <7 chars), but I'm not sure how to check for the above problem. Any suggestions?
Dramstud wrote:
In the forum display, the letters are equally spaced, so this works fine. However, in the dreamseeker text window, the "fffffff" and "lllllll" are much shorter than "TTTTTTT", so the number requires an extra \t to line up properly. I was checking length(name) and putting in the extra tab for short names ( <7 chars), but I'm not sure how to check for the above problem. Any suggestions?

How about using a fixed-width font, like Courier?
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Dramstud wrote:

How about using a fixed-width font, like Courier?

Nah, that would just be too easy... ;)

Thanks!